Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide to Brisbane

Adelaide to Brisbane

Old Oct 28th 2014, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide to Brisbane

Hi i currently live in Adelaide and have been here for 5 years.
I have a daughter who is 2 and a half.
My husband and i were thinking of moving to Brisbane early next year.
I was wondering if this was the right move to make.
Does anybody have any pro's or con's to Adelaide and Brisbane?

Thank you in advance
Old Oct 28th 2014, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide to Brisbane

I am sure they are both perfectly fine places to live and many people will be living happily in both locations. What about jobs, perhaps that is the thing to think about.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Brisbane and after visiting Adelaide, we loved the idea of moving there. Never did though... It does get too hot in Adelaide in the summer though, in comparison to Bayside Brisbane.

Some parts of Brisbane will be better than some parts of Adelaide, but equally, some parts of Adelaide will be better than some parts of Brisbane...
Old Oct 29th 2014, 12:17 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

I've done the Adelaide-Brisbane move twice - once in 1995 and once in 2004. And obviously, the Brisbane-Adelaide move once, in 1999. Never with children though. When I made the first move in 1995 my two daughters elected to stay in Adelaide with their mother, so I now have grandchildren living in Adelaide.

Personally I prefer Brisbane as a place to live, but that's just me and I know many people really dislike the humidity of Brisbane and prefer the dry heat of Adelaide. Both cities have good, bad and indifferent suburbs, both are relatively small with easy and quick access to country regions for weekend trips. Adelaide has better access to beaches, Brisbane has a river worthy of the name.

Yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.