Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Brickies

Adelaide Brickies

Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

ASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura about
Default Adelaide Brickies

HI all and thanks for the replies, seems to be a real contentious subject doesn't it! this work and licenses furore, well clarity from people who know the score is what is needed, do you need a licence to be an employee? a friend of mine lives and works in Melbourne and has worked there since he arrived 3 years ago and has had no problems at all ,a licence is needed in his opinion only if you want to set up your own business if your not that way inclined and more interested in an easier way of life (like me) then there seems not to be a problem,or does it just seem that way?. Surely agents and the government would be informing migrants before they arrived if they would not be permitted to work!! if not then its an appalling situation. I fully agree with all who say that its a new life and a lot to learn so do a bit of walking before you set off on that sprint to the cash machine!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adelaide Brickies

This whole license thing is a big issue for us now and has cast doubt on whether we will up sticks and move to Oz. :scared:

Hubbie is making a decent wage as a bricklayer and we have a comfortable life over here but we are now worried about what this license involves. Can anyone explain it in plain English - He does not want to start a business but does want to be employed or self-employed as a bricklayer only.
The other thing is that we wanted to build our own house eventually - can we do this without a license.

Are there any brickies, especially in Queensland, who can tell us of their experiences.

Cheers

Jo
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

ASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Adelaide Brickies

Originally Posted by joeyb
This whole license thing is a big issue for us now and has cast doubt on whether we will up sticks and move to Oz. :scared:

Hubbie is making a decent wage as a bricklayer and we have a comfortable life over here but we are now worried about what this license involves. Can anyone explain it in plain English - He does not want to start a business but does want to be employed or self-employed as a bricklayer only.
The other thing is that we wanted to build our own house eventually - can we do this without a license.

Are there any brickies, especially in Queensland, who can tell us of their experiences.

Cheers
like i said joey my mate has had no trouble whatsoever so dont lose faith , I also am a brickie earning more than the MD ,but oz is not england and we have to adjust our aims slightly. This license business seems to be getting blown out of proportion to me,if your setting up a business its a different visa anyway isnt it?.

Jo
Cheers
like i said joey my mate has had no trouble whatsoever so dont lose faith , I also am a brickie earning more than the MD ,but oz is not england and we have to adjust our aims slightly. This license business seems to be getting blown out of proportion to me,if your setting up a business its a different visa anyway isnt it?.