Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide best place to do business in Asia/Pacific region

Wikiposts

Adelaide best place to do business in Asia/Pacific region

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Adelaide best place to do business in Asia/Pacific region

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...55E462,00.html

Now...where is that person who once said on this forum that Adelaide is not a growth economy and a dead end backwater????

It seems some of us are in the know and some of us just keep missing the boat!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:46 am
WBB

Default Re: Adelaide best place to do business in Asia/Pacific region

Originally posted by podgypossum
Now...where is that person who once said on this forum that Adelaide is not a growth economy and a dead end backwater????
who said that?

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Some guy on here a while ago but i cant remember is name.... may have been ScottM....but i dont want to wrongly accuse as i not certain
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:49 am
WBB

Some guy on here a while ago but i cant remember is name.... may have been ScottM....but i dont want to wrongly accuse as i not certain
oh OK, i was thinking of someone else......

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

BTW...i forgot to add that its also been voted the 10th best city in the world for doing business too.
The Sydney based Sky News team seemed to be choking on their words whilst reporting it last night ...LMAO
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:51 am
WBB

BTW...i forgot to add that its also been voted the 10th best city in the world for doing business too.
The Sydney based Sky News team seemed to be choking on their words whilst reporting it last night ...LMAO
10th in the world!!!!!!!!!!!! are you sure they didn't say 10th in aussie.

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by WBB
10th in the world!!!!!!!!!!!! are you sure they didn't say 10th in aussie.

Nope... i know...i had to listen to the news 3 times last night to make sure i heard it right!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a shame the article focussed on Adelaide being cheap. I wouldn't mind looking at the report to see what other comparative advantages there are to the place.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
It is a shame the article focussed on Adelaide being cheap. I wouldn't mind looking at the report to see what other comparative advantages there are to the place.

I wondered how long it would take you BP
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:00 am

I wondered how long it would take you BP
Hey I didn't knock it I was pointing out the frailties of the article and not the report.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

You must have missed this bit BP

"The report, the result of an eight-month study, says Adelaide was in the top three places in the world for key industry sectors including automotive, food processing, plastics, metal components, advanced software development and multimedia development"

(not that i'm gloating or anything)
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:03 am
WBB

"The report, the result of an eight-month study, says Adelaide was in the top three places in the world for key industry sectors including automotive, food processing, plastics, metal components, advanced software development and multimedia development"

there is always one PP.

Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:09 am

Why though? It has to be more than a cost advantage?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:19 am

http://www.kpmg.com.au/content.asp?c...essgo.y=18&r=n

Australia ranks as one of the lowest cost business locations in the world
19/2/2004

Leading business advisory firm KPMG today revealed that Australia is one of the least costly places to set up and do business in a study that compares business costs in 11 industrialised countries in Asia-Pacific, North America, and Europe, with this being the first time Australia has participated in the study. Narrowly ahead of Australia in cost competitiveness was Canada, whereas the most expensive countries to set up and do business were Japan and Germany.

The United States, seventh in the rankings, had the greatest improvement in cost-competitiveness since 2002 of any of the countries in the study mainly due to the decline in the value of the US dollar relative to all major world currencies. By comparison, Australia holds an 8.5 percent cost-advantage over the United States.

KPMG's 2004 Competitive Alternatives study measured 27 cost components-such as labour, taxes and utilities-applied to business operations in the following 11 countries: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States. The research included an analysis of these costs in 121 cities worldwide. The study's basis for comparison was the after-tax cost of start-up and operation for 12 types of business, over a 10-year span.

"This study offers a comprehensive guide for comparing global business costs and contains essential information for any company seeking a cost advantage in locating international business operations," said Mitch Craig, KPMG National Partner in Charge of Risk Advisory Services.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:28 am

http://www.kpmg.com.au/content.asp?c...essgo.y=18&r=n

Adelaide profile

Sydney Profile

Report Methodology

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.