Wikiposts

Adelaide Areas

Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:04 am
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default Re: Adelaide Areas

can any one tell me what the termite situation is in adelaide also snakes and spiders please.

cheers steve
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't answer termites, but snakes don't generally come into the urban areas. You most likely will only encounter a snake if you are walking in the bush or hills areas. Spiders, unfortunately are a fact of Australian life. We have seen a few redbacks, had a white tail in my son's bed a month or so ago, one huntsman on the sliding door in our lounge (really just a juvenile) and a nest of white tails outside our front door. Having your home sprayed by a professional every 6 months or so should help greatly with the bug/spider problems you may encounter. As a true arachnaphobe I can tell you that you will get used to seeing spiders. I still can't bring myself to kill them, but I don't have a panic attack when I see them anymore.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

sush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Dorothy i have lived in Adelaide for 43 years ,i lived in the northern suburbs for most of that time and it is no were as bad as a lot of people make out,Elizabeth has one bad area {davoren park] and noarlunga has huntsfield heights, i suspect you live around prospect /Blair athol areas, if i am correct you have two of the worst areas in adelaide with in 2 km of you,Mansfield park[ Drug city] and kilkenny.
Do you Know Dorothy i have moved people in Burnside who admit to never having been to Elizabeth, but they no it is a terrible place ,don,t let Adelaide hype get to you. you will end up being a wowser ..............mm
Hi Dorothy Please can you help meeeee !!!!!!! Me and my partner will be moving to Adelaide next year, Can you let us know what the area Burton is like ? Also is buying a new house (The house and Land package a good deal ?)

Thanking youuuuuuuuuuu

xx
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Am All New To This !!!!

Please can you help meeeee !!!!!!! Me and my partner will be moving to Adelaide next year, Can you let us know what the area Burton is like ? Also is buying a new house (The house and Land package, is it a good deal ?)

Thanking youuuuuuuuuuu

Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

also moving to adelaide - later this year. can anyone tell me what the job situation is like? I would be looking for work in the public sector or financial services as thats where my qualifications/experience is. I read somewhere that its often not easy for temporary residents to find employment as employers prefer PR's - especially in financial services and in the public sector. (I will be there on a spouse visa which will only become PR after 2 years).
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
also moving to adelaide - later this year. can anyone tell me what the job situation is like? I would be looking for work in the public sector or financial services as thats where my qualifications/experience is. I read somewhere that its often not easy for temporary residents to find employment as employers prefer PR's - especially in financial services and in the public sector. (I will be there on a spouse visa which will only become PR after 2 years).
When i was over there last year i had no problems in finding work, what i did was to sign up with 3 to 4 agencies - Getting work is no different to what you would do here in England!!! You will be fine.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sush
Am All New To This !!!!

Please can you help meeeee !!!!!!! Me and my partner will be moving to Adelaide next year, Can you let us know what the area Burton is like ? Also is buying a new house (The house and Land package, is it a good deal ?)

Thanking youuuuuuuuuuu

Burton is north of the city, quite a way up. It would probably take anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes each way during the rush hour. I don't know if it's a good area or not, but we had to go up there to pay the deposit on our land and noticed it's close to an airport. I think it's Edinburgh air force base, with the military jets taking off and landing all day. It's also very close to the Bolivar Sewage Treatment works, so I might be a little concerned about that.
Do you know yet where you will be working? There is really no sense living in Burton if you're working in the south or the other way around. Best advice is to rent for a while to see where you would like to settle before you buy.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:12 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Hi Mers

This is a perennial question through the forums.

There are loads of nice areas to live in.
It can change from one street to another,even the "posh" areas have bad bits.

My suggestion is to narrow your search down based on where your are thinking of working.Schools play a part in your needs too .

I'd at least decide North or South for a start.

I live in Onkaparinga Hills in the South,just on the edge of suburbia with a rural flavour about it - 30 mins to the city and close to the beaches.

There is nothing better than LOOKING YOURSELF though - Adelaide had something for everyone.

The Southern areas of Hallett Cove,Happy Valley,Aberfoyle Park,Seaford,Moana,Woodcroft + surrounding areas are all very popular with UK migrants.
As for the comment on Noarlunga..hmmm,that is a gross generalisation.There are a few pockets of "Ferals" but don't be too put off.I know the area very well.Lived here 7 years now.

For $300,000 you will be able to buy a reasonable house if you are not too close to the city.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Burton is north of the city, quite a way up. It would probably take anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes each way during the rush hour. I don't know if it's a good area or not, but we had to go up there to pay the deposit on our land and noticed it's close to an airport. I think it's Edinburgh air force base, with the military jets taking off and landing all day. It's also very close to the Bolivar Sewage Treatment works, so I might be a little concerned about that.
Do you know yet where you will be working? There is really no sense living in Burton if you're working in the south or the other way around. Best advice is to rent for a while to see where you would like to settle before you buy.
Hi dorothy

Thanks for your reply

Just wanted to know is Burton near Elizebeth ? Because we had noticed that there are having new houses built there?

sush
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:04 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sush
Hi dorothy

Thanks for your reply

Just wanted to know is Burton near Elizebeth ? Because we had noticed that there are having new houses built there?

sush
I live at Mac Donald park , which 10KM further out than Burton and even during the "peak" i can get to the CBD in 35mins and thats driving a truck.
A lot of the new houses are being built for the military , the 3rd Battalion /para troopers is relocating from sdy to adl, so Burton will be a VERY secure area ..............mm
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

So is there a predominantly industrial area in Adelaide. I'm a Mech Engineer I am still split between Perth and Adelaide. The biggest factors being employment and housing costs
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:28 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Adelaide Areas

yeh but youre a truck driver - ruthless!!!

were hoping to get out there this year (please say yes nice man at diac)
weve looked north and south - north we can buy more - but south is where our friends live and where the schools our kids fancy are...(sports schools)

I live at Mac Donald park , which 10KM further out than Burton and even during the "peak" i can get to the CBD in 35mins and thats driving a truck.
.............mm
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by katsmajic
yeh but youre a truck driver - ruthless!!!

were hoping to get out there this year (please say yes nice man at diac)
weve looked north and south - north we can buy more - but south is where our friends live and where the schools our kids fancy are...(sports schools)
Why not east? You can live in the countryside, but time to the cbd is less or the same as the north and south. I can't understand why people never even look into it.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Why not east? You can live in the countryside, but time to the cbd is less or the same as the north and south. I can't understand why people never even look into it.
the eastern suburbs are more expensive to get into, not much under 400k.......mm
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

the eastern suburbs are more expensive to get into, not much under 400k.......mm
Nah... east east, up here in radiator springs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.