Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide - Any Information???

Adelaide - Any Information???

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide - Any Information???

Originally Posted by gjs
We,re in Surrey,but it would be great to keep in touch with all Adelaide bound brits via email,then hopefully met up once we're all there. I'm really looking forward to our move, but my only worry is about leaving behind my support network and making new friends as I have two under threes and will be staying at home with them for the foreseeable future .I've also got a teen 18 who is a bit concerned about leaving her friends too - but she is quite outgoing s I think she'll be fine.
When do you plan to go? We could arrange a meet half way between the two of us. It would be great to meet people before we went just to find out what plans you are making before you go. I would like to keep in touch by e-mails!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithfield22
Great reply, thanks. Do you have children? If so, do they go to school and what do you rate the school like?
If you think this is a great repy ,you had better crawl back under the BRIDGE with him .
Look at the number of posts ,{1} A TROLL. And as we say in a oz { come in Spinner} ............... mm
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:19 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr mover
If you think this is a great repy ,you had better crawl back under the BRIDGE with him .
Look at the number of posts ,{1} A TROLL. And as we say in a oz { come in Spinner} ............... mm

Nice try, but no cigar

Stay off thie piss, mm
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:29 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jib
Nice try, but no cigar

Stay off thie piss, mm
AH revealed , the Troll is JIB , by the way Jib There, no I in THE , back to my beer............. mm
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:42 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

AH revealed , the Troll is JIB , by the way Jib There, no I in THE , back to my beer............. mm

You mean there is no I, in the
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:24 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

We are moving to Adelaide in September 2006 and would like any information anybody has. Its all so scary, not knowing the country. We have never been to Adelaide, and would like to know if there are any bad areas to stay away from. We also have two children who will be going to school, again does anyone know of any good schools, this could then decide where to rent a house. Any advice about Adelaide would be good, like I say we are going to arrive not knowing anything, so the any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, look forward to hearing from anyone in Adelaide.
Hi
We're moving to Adelaide in August and have never been there before. The ad brits site is excellent for any info you want on Adelaide and they are all really helpful with any questions you have. We have 3 children of different ages so we will be looking for the same type of things(schools etc) as you. PM me if you want to chat or just have a scream about all the waiting.

Good Luck
Sue
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

jack27 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Adelaide in September 2006 and would like any information anybody has. Its all so scary, not knowing the country. We have never been to Adelaide, and would like to know if there are any bad areas to stay away from. We also have two children who will be going to school, again does anyone know of any good schools, this could then decide where to rent a house. Any advice about Adelaide would be good, like I say we are going to arrive not knowing anything, so the any advice would be greatly appreciated.
hey guys u must have a look at our web [email protected]
we arrived here in 1999 and have never looked back. go guys its the best.

Take care Cal.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:29 pm
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Adelaide - Any Information???

Originally Posted by jack27
hey guys u must have a look at our web [email protected]
we arrived here in 1999 and have never looked back. go guys its the best.

Take care Cal.
Have just read your website and from starting to feel a bit wobbly about our move am now much more positive.Just wanted to say...........Thanks.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by geordie downunder
We lives in ADL for 6 yrs but left in mid 90,s,did not like it but it does have good points.The central market is brilliant,local producers sell produce on friday nights and saturday mornings,the local version of Jarlsberg cheese was about $5 a kilo then and excellent.We lived at North Haven which is at the mouth of the port river (outer harbour),the beachside suburbs going to Glenelg were Semaphore, Largs north, Largs Bay,I forget now.Port Adelaide had a bar called the Port Dock,a microbrewery ,some of the beer there is really good,a beer called old preacher (I think ) is around 8% alcohol and tastes like dandelion and burdoch soft drink,goes down so easy.Most of the poms lived at Golden Grove ,Salisbury heights,Salisbury to the north and Reynella,Hallet cove to the south.The german arms at Hahndorf in the hills is ok and the Claire valley is nice (wine areas),like most oz cities very quiet at night.There was not much of a live music scene there which disappointed me but as a starting point to find your feet it is probably OK
Obviously Geordie you didnt try Hindley St very often,we stayed in ahotel there and the all night music was unbelievable.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough

When you open this page up click on the Adelaide weather and scroll down until you see The Advertiser title on the right hand side and open that up it might be of some help to you.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:46 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Heh MM, if i wasnt thick skinned, it take offence at being called a TROLL and the fact that Im a She

I hope youve wrongly quoted, as the guy who replyed after me, had a lot more crappy things to say than i did!

To the original poster: I dont have kids, so unfortunately will be of no help there. My Expat friends have kids, and they seem to have settled in well. They spend a lot of time doing sports, outdoor activities at school. As far as i can gather, the schooling does vary as there seems to be people "happy" with the education or others who are " NOT".

The website Adelaidebrits is a good reference point ( although most posts tend to be pink n fluffy not portraying the REAL LIFE) .

Everyones experience is different...I like it, just dont LUV it ( if ya know what i mean ) and...dont get me started on the weather hhhmmmmm!

Its all an adventure, whats the worst that can happen, you dont settle, then try somewhere else, Oz is a big place..Good luck

Karen
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Everyones experience is different...I like it, just dont LUV it ( if ya know what i mean ) and...dont get me started on the weather hhhmmmmm!

Yes my feelings exactly. I've grown to "like" it but I don't LOVE. Some people get here and love it straight away. Others never love it. There's a nagging feeling that we should have stuck with our original plan of moving to Perth but it's too late now cos I just don't think my eldest daughter could hack it if we uprooted again. In any case I would still rather be here than the UK now.
Jo
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sye
Heh MM, if i wasnt thick skinned, it take offence at being called a TROLL and the fact that Im a She

I hope youve wrongly quoted, as the guy who replyed after me, had a lot more crappy things to say than i did!

To the original poster: I dont have kids, so unfortunately will be of no help there. My Expat friends have kids, and they seem to have settled in well. They spend a lot of time doing sports, outdoor activities at school. As far as i can gather, the schooling does vary as there seems to be people "happy" with the education or others who are " NOT".

The website Adelaidebrits is a good reference point ( although most posts tend to be pink n fluffy not portraying the REAL LIFE) .

Its all an adventure, whats the worst that can happen, you dont settle, then try somewhere else, Oz is a big place..Good luck

Karen
Sorry sye , i was not referring to you , but the person you answered, [1 post],thats JIB [ and i shall call him "mini me"} AND yes Adelaide can be that good , i move people from all over the world , and they cannot beleive that they are still in a city [town ] in the world that you can still move in.
And weather wise this is the coolest , wettest February i can remember.
If you need to try some were else ? give me a call i can help you there............ mm
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:48 am
Stinking Rich Member

Ersatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Adelaide - Any Information???

Thanks for your opinion Mr Mover, however I am no Troll and I actually live in Adelaide...... no need for insults (very childish). I believe this site is for individuals to ask questions and for others to give their opinion..... This is my actual opinion of Adelaide, just not so pink and rosy as yours may be. So please next time Mr Mover FACTS please. Have a nice weekend.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sued
Hi
We're moving to Adelaide in August and have never been there before. The ad brits site is excellent for any info you want on Adelaide and they are all really helpful with any questions you have. We have 3 children of different ages so we will be looking for the same type of things(schools etc) as you. PM me if you want to chat or just have a scream about all the waiting.

Good Luck
Sue
Sorry, this is all new to us what is the ad brits site? Where do you think you will be staying? We are hopeing to rent a holiday apartment for the first month and then find somewhere permenant after that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.