Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide 2nd most disadvantaged city

Adelaide 2nd most disadvantaged city

Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide 2nd most disadvantaged city

The Australian Bureau of Statistics today released the Index of Disadvantage which "is derived from variables like income, educational attainment, unemployment, and dwellings without motor vehicles".

The table of capital cities rank like this: (Most Disadvantaged top)

1. Hobart
2. Adelaide
3. Brisbane
4. Darwin
5. Sydney
6. Melbourne
7. Perth
8. Canberra

The table of states:

1. NT
2. Tas.
3. WA
4. NSW
5. SA
6. Qld
7. Vic
8. ACT
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:28 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide 2nd most disadvantaged city

Originally posted by Nara
The Australian Bureau of Statistics today released the Index of Disadvantage which "is derived from variables like income, educational attainment, unemployment, and dwellings without motor vehicles".

1. Hobart
2. Adelaide
3. Brisbane
4. Darwin
5. Sydney
6. Melbourne
7. Perth
8. Canberra

The table of states:

1. NT
2. Tas.
3. WA
4. NSW
5. SA
6. Qld
7. Vic
8. ACT
well Nara all i can say is "lies,damned lies,then there,s STATISTICS" ......... MM
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by mr mover
well Nara all i can say is "lies,damned lies,then there,s STATISTICS" ......... MM
Judging from the number of pregnant teenage girls wandering around Adelaide with their other babies in prams, and considering that only 15% of South Australians finish high school, I would say this was pretty damn accurate.

Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:46 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by Nara

1. Hobart
2. Adelaide
3. Brisbane
4. Darwin
5. Sydney
6. Melbourne
7. Perth
8. Canberra

The table of states:

1. NT
2. Tas.
3. WA
4. NSW
5. SA
6. Qld
7. Vic
8. ACT
Ah but is it a disadvantage to be the 2nd most disadvantaged city in paradise, that is the question.

TennisOz

Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

The report isn't supposed to be a negative reflection of any city - it's supposed to help decision-makers determine what the different needs are of each city - e.g. where more resources are required in education, welfare, etc.

Spokesman for ABS said "In the same way that the absence of drought does not indicate flood, the absence of disadvantage does not indicate advantage,"

Adelaide was 1st when they last did they census in1996.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:19 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunlover
Judging from the number of pregnant teenage girls wandering around Adelaide with their other babies in prams, and considering that only 15% of South Australians finish high school, I would say this was pretty damn accurate.

15% intresting STATS ,were did you pull them from sunlover, prehaps "some were , were the sun dont shine" ...... MM
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Pregnant teenage girls are an epidemic all over the western world...not just Adelaide!!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

15% intresting STATS ,were did you pull them from sunlover, prehaps "some were , were the sun dont shine" ...... MM
Yes you're right. It was from "The Advertiser" which cannot be regarded as the last word in journalistic brilliance and integrity.

Judging from your response you are part of the other 85%.

Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Originally posted by podgypossum
Pregnant teenage girls are an epidemic all over the western world...not just Adelaide!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Is there an epidemic with twins in OZ, I have never seen so many in my life!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:19 am
Banned

Yes you're right. It was from "The Advertiser" which cannot be regarded as the last word in journalistic brilliance and integrity.

Judging from your response you are part of the other 85%.

you are totally correct , i did,nt finish high school, yet i still have managed through sheer hard work , and integrity,build up a small ,but thriving business , not staggered around the world looking for some one to accept me. And as a post note in my 50yrs on this planet ,i find women who decry young girls with babies , tend to wonder "what if"......... MM
Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

you are totally correct , i did,nt finish high school, yet i still have managed through sheer hard work , and integrity,build up a small ,but thriving business , not staggered around the world looking for some one to accept me. And as a post note in my 50yrs on this planet ,i find women who decry young girls with babies , tend to wonder "what if"......... MM
Thanks for making me laugh MM

Firstly thanks for helping to illustrate the value of statistics. I especially liked the way that you tried to make it look more real with spelling and punctuation - nice touch !

Secondly - no I haven't actually staggered around the world looking for someone to accept me. I have several passports from countries whom I have already conned into accepting me.

In addition I have had a successful career with an international company (through sheer hard work and integrity no less) that has provided us with opportunities to travel around the world - something we always wanted and intended to do.

Thirdly - I must confess that I don't ever regret not having had children at 15.

BTW regarding an earlier comment that you made: I will be sure to tell my clients at Santos that a certain furniture removal person does not want to be involved with moving any more bloody South Africans into the State. (Wouldn't want you to do anything against your morals).

Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:58 am
Banned

Thanks for making me laugh MM

Firstly thanks for helping to illustrate the value of statistics. I especially liked the way that you tried to make it look more real with spelling and punctuation - nice touch !

Secondly - no I haven't actually staggered around the world looking for someone to accept me. I have several passports from countries whom I have already conned into accepting me.

In addition I have had a successful career with an international company (through sheer hard work and integrity no less) that has provided us with opportunities to travel around the world - something we always wanted and intended to do.

Thirdly - I must confess that I don't ever regret not having had children at 15.

BTW regarding an earlier comment that you made: I will be sure to tell my clients at Santos that a certain furniture removal person does not want to be involved with moving any more bloody South Africans into the State. (Wouldn't want you to do anything against your morals).

so being a person with such worldly skills ,why are you stuck in such ,a crappy little back water, like Adelaide, Cant make it in the real world ?? , have to live in hicksville, ? with us Hillbillys , and i,m quite sure that, Santos , will listen to you ,with all their ,costcutting, having to employ sth Africans..... ....... MM
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

so being a person with such worldly skills ,why are you stuck in such ,a crappy little back water, like Adelaide, Cant make it in the real world ?? , have to live in hicksville, ? with us Hillbillys , and i,m quite sure that, Santos , will listen to you ,with all their ,costcutting, having to employ sth Africans..... ....... MM
Actually I have no real problem with living in Adelaide (had the choice between Adelaide and Sydney) and spent plenty of time living and working in the "real world".

Santos employs South Africans because they have the skills they need which are not available locally.

Last edited by Sunlover; Nov 7th 2003 at 8:05 am.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:13 am
Banned

Actually I have no real problem with living in Adelaide (had the choice between Adelaide and Sydney) and spent plenty of time living and working in the "real world".

Santos employs South Africans because they have the skills they need which are not available locally.

Sun lover if you deal with Santos as you say. you will soon realise,[and this after 20yrs of dealing with them, as a oil drilling contractor plus moving thier executives] that they use people up , and the reason they employ sth african and indian engineers, is that most ozzies are weary of them....... MM
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sun lover if you deal with Santos as you say. you will soon realise,[and this after 20yrs of dealing with them, as a oil drilling contractor plus moving thier executives] that they use people up , and the reason they employ sth african and indian engineers, is that most ozzies are weary of them....... MM

Actually it's because they can exploit them more and pay them less - in true Aussie style.

BTW did they "use" you up ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.