Adelaide

Old May 19th 2002, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide

Any information on living in the SA region in particular ADELAIDE and the surrounding areas.
COLIN
Old May 19th 2002, 2:23 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Colin,

The SA Immigration site is worth a read ...
http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.cfm

Also:
http://www.sacentral.sa.gov.au/

Best regards.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com, and
http://www.collettandco.com
Old May 19th 2002, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

dooda0407 is an unknown quantity at this point

What type of info are you wanting? I visited there in Feb of this year and it is absolutely beautiful. My fiance lives there and that is where I am migrating to.
Old May 19th 2002, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

We spent some time in ADELAIDE during feb, staying at the Stamford Grand in GLENELG. We are hoping to move their by march we would like to know more about,

crime rate.
weather.
schools
cost of living
creepy crawlys
where to live
jobs

I'm already an OZ citizen, wanting to return with my family just have to apply for the spouse visa.
look forward to hear from you.
Colin
Old May 19th 2002, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

FiferJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Colinsam,

well as to the information that you require about Adelaide, as you probably know it has only 1 million people in it and the lifestyle and speed of the place is just like that of a large country town. The CRIME RATE is there as is to be expected but below the national average, we rarely have the crimes of those like the eastern states. As far as SCHOOLING goes, we have an exceptional schooling system over here, with a large array of private and public schools with world class universities and other colleges, which then leads onto JOBS, Adelaide is one of those places that is ready to explode onto the world scene as far as opportunities for overseas investment and all, we have a jobless figure of around that with the national average, but there is ample work around for those willing to work. COST OF LIVING is one of the nations lowest, this has been something we have always prided ourselves on and we have remained a very cheap place to live, as far as HOUSING goes, it is very cheap compared to many other places, and the city is relatively accessible from any part, which is why Adelaide used to be called the 20 minute city, could get anywhere from the outskirts to the city in less than 20 minutes. The WEATHER is absolutely superb over here, rarely getting too hot and very rarely getting extremely cold, we also avoid those wierd weather conditions like Sydney gets. Most of the year is warm in these parts. With your CREEPY CRAWLIES i think we have it pretty good, as far as if things are kept clean you rarely see the creepy crawlies
So all in all and dont let everyone know LOL, Adelaide has to be the best place to live in Australia with everything just like that of country living with all the City living luxuries.
Hopefully this is of some help if you want more just let me know
Regards
Chris
Old May 20th 2002, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chris,

Thanks for the time you took to reply, the information you posted was of great help, we look forward to becoming SA residents as soon as we get my wifes spouse visa sorted.

Could you advise us as to which suburbs would be suitable for a family.

Thanks again
Colin
Old May 20th 2002, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point

We were over in Adelaide at Xmas and had a look at Mawson Lakes. The area seems ideal for families with communal areas, golf course, cafe etc. Prices are fairly expensive for the area but the place was fab.

Mark
Old May 21st 2002, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We arive on tue 28th to start our new life so will let you all know what we find, we have bought a house through the web and complet on the 31st and move in so we are very excited as we have never been to au.

rgds mick claire charlotte
Old May 21st 2002, 2:20 am
Russell Driver

"colinnsam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Chris,
    >
    > Thanks for the time you took to reply, the information you posted was of great
    > help, we look forward to becoming SA residents as soon as we get my wifes spouse
    > visa sorted.
    >
    > Could you advise us as to which suburbs would be suitable for a family.
    >
    > Thanks again Colin
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > BBQ & VB
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

Hi Colin

Try looking South of the city at areas such as:

Hallet Cove, Woodcroft,Onkaparinga Hills(I live here),Clarendon,Happy Valley. Some
nice communities there that are affordable and 25 mins from the CBD.

I moved here 2 years ago and love the place.I am sure you will settle well.

Cheers

Russell

Old May 21st 2002, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

FiferJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Colinsam,

It was a pleasure to be of some use in explaining Adelaide a little further. As to the accomodation in Adelaide, you will find everyone has a differing opinion of which area is good to live in. Adelaide is one of those big cities where it is still reasonably affordable to live close to the city, as well as practical to live further out in the suburbs. While our road systems may not be the greatest in the world, no matter where you are in Adelaide, it doesnt take too long to get to where you are going. Depending on what sort of housing you are looking, the price range you are looking at the best idea to see of pricing would be to visit www.propertyview.com.au , this will give you an understanding of what is around and at what price. There is fantastic schooling both north and south of the city, while the western and eastern suburbs are more your upmarket and pricier areas genrally. It is really up to you as to what you are looking for? Ive lived up northern suburbs most my life, spent some time towards the southern suburbs and both have there pros and cons. If money isnt really an objective, and you want the best of modern living i would say that Mawson Lakes is probably a good start to see what is around, living around this area i can say that you have everything you need, or could want, but thats just my view

Regards Chris
Old May 21st 2002, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for the replies, they have all helped. To those that are going soon good luck.

Colin Sam