Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Address for Queensland Driving Licence

Address for Queensland Driving Licence

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:56 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Address for Queensland Driving Licence

I've seen a few posts recommending getting an ozie Driving Licence ASAP to help with ID etc and was just wondering what to do about giving an address as for the first 5 weeks we'll be in temporary accommodation.

Unfortunately my Uncle and cousins all live in NSW so I guess I can't use them - does anyone know if I can just use my temporary accom address and change it when I find somewhere more permanent?

Thanks Rebecca
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:34 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all
Default Re: Address for Queensland Driving Licence

You need a permanent address, unless you can say you are living with someone. Then that person has to fill a form out
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I've seen a few posts recommending getting an ozie Driving Licence ASAP to help with ID etc and was just wondering what to do about giving an address as for the first 5 weeks we'll be in temporary accommodation.

Unfortunately my Uncle and cousins all live in NSW so I guess I can't use them - does anyone know if I can just use my temporary accom address and change it when I find somewhere more permanent?

Thanks Rebecca
Just wait until you get a permanent address. You won't need photo ID for a while unless you want to join a video shop or similar.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:18 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Little miss reub
You need a permanent address, unless you can say you are living with someone. Then that person has to fill a form out
Not for me. I knew I was lodging with a mate for a few weeks, but I did not tell QLD Transport that. After all, that was the address all my mail was gettign sent to. So my licence says my old address on the front, and then they put on a sticker on the back that shows my new address.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just wait until you get a permanent address. You won't need photo ID for a while unless you want to join a video shop or similar.
And even then you'll need a sodding utility bill as well :curse:
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:38 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And even then you'll need a sodding utility bill as well :curse:
Don't you just need 100 points of ID?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

We also used our initial holiday apartment that we had for 35 days as our address for everything including medicare. You have the rent receipt with your name and address too - that was asked for by the license people for us. Then when we moved, we put in a post redirection form like in the uk and then just changed addresses. Most painless and now I just have a sticker on the back of my license with my new address! Good luck!

ps - just beware though - when you go to one of the transport offices - it's a touchscreen ticket machine similar those at cheese counters!!!