Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Addictive isn't it ?

Addictive isn't it ?

Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
Where does God's own city ( London ) fit into all this?
Def no pasties there other than Ginster "plastic" ones
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:11 pm
mickj

Is that right, and then you woke up?

Originally posted by Bix
Def no pasties there other than Ginster "plastic" ones

Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Rest assured guys, your addictions will be aleviated once you get out here. If not by the change in lifestyle then by the fact that you won't be 'popping in' 5 times a day 'cos you have to pay for the phone call each time you connect! One of the downsides out here.

We usually go online twice a day because of this. It is around 17c every time you connect, unless you get Broadband that is.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Rest assured guys, your addictions will be aleviated once you get out here. If not by the change in lifestyle then by the fact that you won't be 'popping in' 5 times a day 'cos you have to pay for the phone call each time you connect! One of the downsides out here.

We usually go online twice a day because of this. It is around 17c every time you connect, unless you get Broadband that is.
That's gonna be one of the downsides I guess cos doubt I will have broadband while renting - but it's very high on the shopping list
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Exactly, we can't get it while we are renting as this house has some wierd thing going on with the cables!

Can't wait to get ADSL when we get our place though.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:51 pm
mickj

Why is it difficult to get broadband when you are renting over there, is this just specific to certain areas, or is this allover? I don't think i can go back to dial-up, after years of using cable modem.

Gordon Bennett....The thought of it

Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it difficult to get broadband when you are renting over there, is this just specific to certain areas, or is this allover? I don't think i can go back to dial-up, after years of using cable modem.

Gordon Bennett....The thought of it
Australia: Broadband Backwater
Apaprently by 2008, 13% of the population will have access to broadband
I hope I'm one of 'em........
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:06 pm
mickj

You are having a laugh, 13% by 2008, what's caused this delay in nationwide broadband connection? Let me guess, wi-fi would be in the reach of the popln by 2015

Originally posted by wmoore
Australia: Broadband Backwater
Apaprently by 2008, 13% of the population will have access to broadband
I hope I'm one of 'em........

Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:13 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

busy Saturday. did some yard work, went to see Harry Potter. did a bit of shopping.... and popped on here twice already. I have such a feeling of missing something when I'm not logged on.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:18 pm
mickj

Yard work, Harry Potter, and Shopping, what a combination

Originally posted by callë
busy Saturday. did some yard work, went to see Harry Potter. did a bit of shopping.... and popped on here twice already. I have such a feeling of missing something when I'm not logged on.

Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:19 pm
WBB

well, this is my first visit today...i used to be (probably) the most prolific poster on the site.....how things have changed!

Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:54 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by callë

What was Harry Potter like was it good cant wait to see it with my 11yr old when it opens on the 10th here in NZ
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:17 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

You are having a laugh, 13% by 2008, what's caused this delay in nationwide broadband connection? Let me guess, wi-fi would be in the reach of the popln by 2015
Small population spread over a huge area = demographic nightmare. Not to mention telco monopolies.

After six years of DSL, cable and better, I'm resigning myself to dialup for a while when I get home too
Old Jun 6th 2004, 9:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Exactly, we can't get it while we are renting as this house has some wierd thing going on with the cables!

Can't wait to get ADSL when we get our place though.
:scared: :scared: :scared:
HEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was convinced we could just get ADSL!!!!!!!!!
But we'll be renting for years to come!!!

Oh god, how will I survive!!!

Nearly had a heart attack reading these posts!!

Ok, off to start a thread: ADSL while renting???

:scared: :scared:
Old Jun 6th 2004, 9:50 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Er, there might be some confusion here. You don't need cable for broadband, you can get it using ADSL over ordinary telephone lines, can't you? (Maybe I'm wrong; wouldn't surprise me, this is hardware and I'm a software person!)

As for areas, I don't know about other providers, but Optus' web site lets you type in a post code to get a first idea of whether they cover that area. Obviously individual residences might have their own restrictions (e.g. AFAIR Optus say they can't supply cable to apartments).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.