Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS Skills - System Designer - Help pls!

ACS Skills - System Designer - Help pls!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about
Default ACS Skills - System Designer - Help pls!

Dear all

I have worked out the job spec that I am going to apply under.
However I would like to ask for help/info in how I go about applying.

Below is the requirements I have been given to apply

2231-13 Systems Designer

Conducts research into computer and communications systems, and develops techniques for their effective application and use.

Skill Level:
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.

Tasks Include:

conducts research into user interaction with information technology systems and areas in which ease and efficiency of use could be enhanced
reviews and develops computer architecture and design, computer languages, computational techniques, data communication processes, and user interface devices
tests new information technology system designs and rectifies design problems found
performs acceptance testing of new system components
writes reports and papers describing findings for publication

Is it now a matter of getting my CV to match 4 years of Systems Designer experience, (I have 4 years Business Analyst experience - Is this the correct category?)
getting signed references which back this up. How detailed do they need to be?
What documents do I need from Uni for IT Degree?

Does anyone have any examples they can pass on or experience of applying for this from ACS?

Any advice is much appreicated, as I think this will be the most demanding part of the application for me (well it feels it at the moment!)

Cheers

DM
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:52 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Basically i applied under my job which is a software designer/engineer i can't recal what ACS category but i will try and find out for you , i will also try and find my application to show you how i went about it (seems so long ago now)

as far as your questions go-

1) Is it now a matter of getting my CV to match 4 years of Systems Designer experience, (I have 4 years Business Analyst experience - Is this the correct category?)

YES !!

2) getting signed references which back this up. How detailed do they need to be?

VERY, mine included a complete list with dates of everything i had ever done at my companies.

3) What documents do I need from Uni for IT Degree?

have you got the degree ? if so then send everything you where given ...

my agent advised me that the more is better ...

hope this helps for now

S
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the help, its appreciated.

I will look to get references as full as possible.

Include dates for everything covered. Take it these have to be on company titled paper, that shouldnt be a problem.

For degree mine was in BSc Business Information Systems. Major in IT & Minor in Business. I would need certificate & results of each module taken. - Would I need description of each module?
Also a reference from Lecuture explaining course outline? ie. that it is major in IT.

In your view Stephen do you think this can be done as an individual or best that I go through agent?

Cheers for the help in a stressful time, good luck!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:12 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

In my view i would not have got through it with out my agent, she was fantastic.
i went through 4 drafts before she was satisfied that it would meet the requirements.....

>> Include dates for everything covered. Take it these have to be on company titled paper, that shouldnt be a problem.

Yes on company headed paper.

>> For degree mine was in BSc Business Information Systems. Major in IT & Minor in Business. I would need certificate & results of each module taken. - Would I need description of each module?

Yes all the certificates that they gave you and i would write a description of each module and also what it taught you and when you have used this in your working experiance

>>Also a reference from Lecuture explaining course outline? ie. that it is major in IT.

Yes that would be fantastic !!

No worries i hope i have helped ...

let me know if you need anything more

S