Acs Rpl Info

Old May 11th 2003, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ratman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acs Rpl Info

Hi, Going through theRPL process at the moment for the ACS and am not sure what content and quantity or thoroughness to include

Anybody got some pointers??

Thanks you informed lot!!!!!:lecture:

Cheers
Old May 11th 2003, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acs Rpl Info

Originally posted by Ratman
Hi, Going through theRPL process at the moment for the ACS and am not sure what content and quantity or thoroughness to include

Cheers
I am 3 days into the same process, have had my occupation downgraded due to changing track 5 years ago. I went from computer technician to network administrator in 1998, therefore I must be assessed as computer technician (40 points, not 60) luckily I am a 139 applicant, no points test. This makes the assessment easier for me, otherwise I would have had to wait at least another two years to apply because I wanted to further my career five years ago! How do the DIMIA decide these things?
You need to cover your entire working life with (preferably) employer statements about your skill and proficiency, going into detail re tools and machinery etc, otherwise a very detailed personal report with payslips, p60s, certificates and any other proof to backup what you claim in the statement. Its not easy but you only have to do it once.

I am also RPL.

Phil.
Old May 11th 2003, 11:52 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acs Rpl Info

Originally posted by Ratman

Cheers
It's not supposed to be like a CV or resume but a detailed statement of what you have learned through practical experience to make up for the fact you don't have an IT degree.

Use loads of specific examples of things you have learned and how you've applied them, don't just list jobs you've done.

Dan