Reload this Page >

ACS reference number

ACS reference number

Old Aug 16th 2002, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

andyhf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS reference number

Hello!

I am in the process of chucking my migration agent, but I am worried that given both of our email addresses are on the ACS (Australian Computer Soc.) application form that she will get the notification email with my reference number in and I won't. Plus, I can see that she will give me the reference number when she gets it - a) she is very scatty imho, b) she will certainly not tolerate me ringing up even just once a week to ask whether she has received it or not.

I need the reference number so that I can be sure that when I ask the ACS to redirect all correspondence to elsewhere they will tie the request to my application.

Many thanks
Andy
Old Aug 16th 2002, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: ACS reference number

Sorry------

That should be:

I can't see that she will give me the reference number

Originally posted by andyhf:
Plus, I can see that she will give me the reference number when she gets it - a) she is very scatty imho, b) she will certainly not tolerate me ringing up even just once a week to ask whether she has received it or not.
Old Aug 17th 2002, 2:14 am
Leo

Andy,

Call up ACS and tell them that you have filed application but have not received the
reference number as yet. (Check their website for telephone number)

They will ask for your last name and date of birth to confirm and will give you your
reference number (at least that is what they did to me).

You can also ask them who is handling your case and get their email address if they
are unable to talk with you at that time. Send your case officer an email and inform
of the issue.

Hope this helps.

../Leo

andyhf <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello!
    > I am in the process of chucking my migration agent, but I am worried that given
    > both of our email addresses are on the ACS (Australian Computer Soc.) application
    > form that she will get the notification email with my reference number in and I
    > won't. Plus, I can see that she will give me the reference number when she gets it
    > - a) she is very scatty imho, b) she will certainly not tolerate me ringing up even
    > just once a week to ask whether she has received it or not.
    > I need the reference number so that I can be sure that when I ask the ACS to
    > redirect all correspondence to elsewhere they will tie the request to my
    > application.
    > Many thanks Andy

Old Aug 17th 2002, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank God for Leo! Cheers mate. You have brightened my day beyond words!!!!

Cheers
Andy

Originally posted by Leo:
Andy,

Call up ACS and tell them that you have filed application but have not received the
reference number as yet. (Check their website for telephone number)

They will ask for your last name and date of birth to confirm and will give you your
reference number (at least that is what they did to me).

You can also ask them who is handling your case and get their email address if they
are unable to talk with you at that time. Send your case officer an email and inform
of the issue.

Hope this helps.

../Leo

andyhf <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello!
    > I am in the process of chucking my migration agent, but I am worried that given
    > both of our email addresses are on the ACS (Australian Computer Soc.) application
    > form that she will get the notification email with my reference number in and I
    > won't. Plus, I can see that she will give me the reference number when she gets it
    > - a) she is very scatty imho, b) she will certainly not tolerate me ringing up even
    > just once a week to ask whether she has received it or not.
    > I need the reference number so that I can be sure that when I ask the ACS to
    > redirect all correspondence to elsewhere they will tie the request to my
    > application.
    > Many thanks Andy