Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS assessment Help!

View Poll Results: ACS assessment hlp needed?
off
100.00%
smilies
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

ACS assessment Help!

Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

hopeful123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face ACS assessment Help!

I have been reading through the site with great interest. The information is really helpful, however it has led to me questioning whether myself and my husbad are suitable to apply for skilled migration.

I hace worked in IT for nine years but have no formal IT qualification, my top level of education is GCSE level. My husband who has been working in IT for 3 years is also without any foraml IT qualification. I have read posts on deeming dates etc and my fist question is do deeming dates apply to ACS.

If anyone can respond on what they feel are are cahgces regarding success with the ACS based on our IT experience please can you going mad here!!!. Also my husband has a sister living in Brisbane who is a PR so could possibly try the sponsor route????

Any help please.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:15 pm
earlswood

Hi,

It's a shame your husband hasn't got your nine years experience as he could go skilled sponsored, his 3 years won't be enough.

You can apply and take the RPL route which is where the ACS assess your skills on work experience not degree level etc.
Nine years experience would be enough as long as you have the years under one ASCO code.

If I were you I would speak to an agent. We are using George Lombard who helped us with our ACS RPL, also Alan Collett is recommended on this site.

My husband got a positive skills assesment last July, there is also a deeming date ours was from 2001 although my hubby has 9 yrs experience also (they don't count any training periods either).

Also check your points as IT has officialy been taken off the MODL and you can't get the extra 10 now.

Earlswood

Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

hopeful123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by earlswood
Hi,

It's a shame your husband hasn't got your nine years experience as he could go skilled sponsored, his 3 years won't be enough.

You can apply and take the RPL route which is where the ACS assess your skills on work experience not degree level etc.
Nine years experience would be enough as long as you have the years under one ASCO code.

If I were you I would speak to an agent. We are using George Lombard who helped us with our ACS RPL, also Alan Collett is recommended on this site.

My husband got a positive skills assesment last July, there is also a deeming date ours was from 2001 although my hubby has 9 yrs experience also (they don't count any training periods either).

Also check your points as IT has officialy been taken off the MODL and you can't get the extra 10 now.

Earlswood
When you say that the nine years has to be under the same code, what about if you have moved jobs in the nine yrs but all have been linked and are in IT, example I have been a Analyst for seven yrs, recently moved to project management, as was promoted.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:26 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by hopeful123
When you say that the nine years has to be under the same code, what about if you have moved jobs in the nine yrs but all have been linked and are in IT, example I have been a Analyst for seven yrs, recently moved to project management, as was promoted.

If all posts you have held come under the same ASCO code that you are claiming the years experience for you should be ok. You will have to check wether project management has it's own ASCO code, not sure as my hubby is a senior IT engineer.

Cheers

Earlswood

P.S would still reccomend an agent though as the RPL route is very in depth, time consuming and the finished product is like a thesis!!!