Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS - anyone heard anything

ACS - anyone heard anything

Old Mar 18th 2002, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

colin.helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS - anyone heard anything

I have just checked out the timeline site http://www.austimeline.com.

Is it really the case that everyone that has applied this year is still waiting to hear?

Are we in for a 3 month wait?

Helen
Old Mar 21st 2002, 10:35 am
Chad

Default Re: ACS - anyone heard anything

colin.helen <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have just checked out the timeline site http://www.austimeline.com.
    >
    > Is it really the case that everyone that has applied this year is still waiting
    > to hear?
    >
    > Are we in for a 3 month wait?
    >
    > Helen

Hi Helen,

I posted my details to ACS late Jan 2002 and I received an email from them requesting
further documents on the 8th March. I replied to the email explaining I thought I had
sent everything etc. Got another email on the 12th March saying sorry for the
confusion. I still haven't had my credit card debited, I'm checking it twice a day
, but I suppose it means they are at least dealing with me....hopefully.

cheers, Chad

Old Mar 21st 2002, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

colin.helen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chad

Thanks for replying.

It's nice to know that something is at least happening - even if it is very slowly. Looks like we won't hear until at least mid April then.

Good luck.

Colin
Old Mar 21st 2002, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know why they are debiting some credit cards and not others. I see that some people have sent their applications in recently and have already had their cards debited. Mine was sent on 13th Feb 2002 and still no payment gone from my credit card.

Is it possible that they could have lost them or not even arrived! I've emailed ACS to see if they have my application cause I'm a little concerned that they never got it now after seeing other people having their cards debited

Adrian Robson
Old Mar 21st 2002, 4:10 pm
Nepali

Hi there, I sent out my ACS docs on feb 19th. Have not heard anything from them yet.
I wonder what is going on?

I have checked my credit card too, but have not seen the transactions yet.

Cheers!

Rajeev

Old Mar 22nd 2002, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

glenn_somers is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't panick everyone. I was subjected to the same doubts and fears, but I can honestly say through personal experiance and post to this site that there is no rhyme or reason to the ACS procedure. I am not knocking the ACS at all, I am just trying to reassure all the people waiting. My credit card wasn't debited until 2 weeks AFTER I recieved a positive assessment. However I have also heard of people's cards being debited immediately and they have also received positive assessment.

The ACS are obviously experiencing a very high demand at present and are dealing with it as best they can. I am not going to advise that you just sit back,wait and relax because I know how stressful it can be.

I sincerely hope that you all get that letter that enables you to move forward with what is a hope and dream of living in the promised land.

On a different subject I am a little miffed with all the negative feedback re employment prosepects in Australia, I am aware that getting the right job is extremely important but surely it is the relaxed environment, excellent climate and beautiful surroundings that spurs us budding migrants motivated in what can only be described as an ardous trek?

Keep smiling.

Yours,

Glenn

P.s

Expect lot's of negative, moaning posts from me as I enter the application phase!!!!!!!!