Acreage Living

Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:38 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acreage Living

Originally Posted by annqldau
Cut it manually on how many acres???

Sun must be getting to you.. .

Can you use quad bikes on the road in Aus???
In southAustralia you can if they are fitted with lights, indicators and are registered.
Dont Know about the other states.................... mm
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:44 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
$7k for a ****ing mower!! You seriously need to have a chat with yourself, soon!

$7 for a whipper snipper more like.
LOL - better not tell you how much I paid for my Honda Strimmer (sorry Whipper-snipper) then
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:07 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
The zero turn, although a nice shiny piece of kit, is getting into big $$$$ territory. My budget is around the $7k mark so a zero is definitely on Fantasy Island
Simplicity (one of the biggest American players) sells their smallest deck zero turn for around the $5800 mark - less discounts.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:11 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Simplicity (one of the biggest American players) sells their smallest deck zero turn for around the $5800 mark - less discounts.
The John Deere is getting on for $18k
Unfortunatley I think I'm pretty hooked on a Deere (plus the Company I work for has dealings with them so I get a bit of a discount)
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:17 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - better not tell you how much I paid for my Honda Strimmer (sorry Whipper-snipper) then
C'mon - tell us! I bought one last week!
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wol
C'mon - tell us! I bought one last week!
I got a Honda self propelled mower and Honda strimmer for $1800. Got a discount for buying them as a pair
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:47 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I got a Honda self propelled mower and Honda strimmer for $1800. Got a discount for buying them as a pair
Shoot! I got the Buffalo 21" self propelled and the 4stroke strimmer straight shaft but paid $1988 EFTPOS!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Cut it manually on how many acres???

Sun must be getting to you.. .

Can you use quad bikes on the road in Aus???
1 acre. Seriously I like exercise, I kid you not. I know it sounds crazy, but I like to take any excuse to exercise.

Old readers of this forum know that I think nothing of running 5km (and back) to the shops with a rucksack to buy all my tinned goods so I can run home with them.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 4:11 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Acreage Living

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
1 acre. Seriously I like exercise, I kid you not. I know it sounds crazy, but I like to take any excuse to exercise.

Old readers of this forum know that I think nothing of running 5km (and back) to the shops with a rucksack to buy all my tinned goods so I can run home with them.
Should change your name from 'thatsnotquiteright' to 'notrightinthehead', in this heat you must be mad... .

I find it much easier to get the husband to do the grass and to take the trolly to the car boot then I make the effort to drive home using a manual gear box instead of automatic for exercise... .

Last edited by annqldau; Apr 17th 2006 at 4:15 am.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 4:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I mowed the - rough - grass on the acre last week in 30' temperature, and it took 3 hrs. I was knackered. The walk-behind is definitely a temporary measure until we get proper grass!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Acreage Living

Excellent. I propose a win-win situation, you get even more excersise, I'll advise Mrs B that you can operate a home delivery service for her .

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Should change your name from 'thatsnotquiteright' to 'notrightinthehead', in this heat you must be mad... .

I find it much easier to get the husband to do the grass and to take the trolly to the car boot then I make the effort to drive home using a manual gear box instead of automatic for exercise... .
Lol. I don't mow in the heat of the day. Besides, I have been training all my adult life and I am accustomed to maintaining high standards of fitness despite other commitments. You won't hear me make the excuse that most 30 something blokes make about families. I have the last laugh at the end of the day, I have the physique I had when I was 18 and the stamina I had when I was 25. Long may it continue!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:58 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. I don't mow in the heat of the day. Besides, I have been training all my adult life and I am accustomed to maintaining high standards of fitness despite other commitments. You won't hear me make the excuse that most 30 something blokes make about families. I have the last laugh at the end of the day, I have the physique I had when I was 18 and the stamina I had when I was 25. Long may it continue!
I've now got the patience I had when I was 4!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by arkon
I've now got the patience I had when I was 4!
Mate, I can get bloody aggressive and impatient when I want to, I scare myself. But I am more relaxed over here, and I have far more going on.

I realised the other day, I haven't been really stressed or worried for the 3 years I've been here. Of course, I have to make deadlines at work occasionally and may have to put in the occasional hour, but that's a complaint, not what I call stress. I recall in Europe often pondering my future and trying to fit a round peg in to a square hole, getting stressed over money etc. I haven't been stressed for over 4 years, that includes a year back in the Uk when I was so happy to be coming back over here that I was also stress free - admitedly as I had given up all my commitments that year it was plainer sailing. 4 years! That's a long time to be stress-free. (!)
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cadman
I was told that 1 acre = 2800 m sq. and was 1/3 of the size of a football (soccer!) pitch.

Found this on the web:

One acre is equivalent to:

200 parked cars

about a third of a football (soccer) field, which is between 90 and 120 m (100 and 130 yard) long and between 45 and 90 m (50 and 100 yard) wide (2.67 acres)

three quarters of an American football field, which is 160 feet (48.5 m) wide and 360 feet (109.1 m) long (1.32 acres)
I use this site a lot for...well...conversions, area etc...
http://www.convert-me.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.