Acreage Living

Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acreage Living

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Certainly no one around here would dream of collecting the cuttings. Just wizz round on the ride on and leave everything behind. Back on the veranda for a beer to view the result
It's the sort of mistake you make once.

Having said that, the grass had been left for months, and that first time, I didn't want swaves of grass on the ground. Why? I have no idea...
Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
It's the sort of mistake you make once.

Having said that, the grass had been left for months, and that first time, I didn't want swaves of grass on the ground. Why? I have no idea...

that's it. leave it , let it dry and away with the winds!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:21 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avroncotton
For those buying a ride-on mower, I will give you the benefit of my error: I bought a cheap mower, which is fine but what you pay extra for is a wider mowing deck (which means I could be having a beer an hour earlier) and a more powerful engine; which means in tall grass or going uphill ther mower doesn't struggle.

Just thought I'd give some free advice
My husband will love you he is busy trying to convince me to buy the bigger better one and i'm sure he will enjoy the beer an hour earlier.

We have just bought 2 acres after renting on 900 sq metres which we found very restrictive after out UK 1/3rd of an acre, would rather have more than less and if you keep on top of it it shouldn't get out of hand.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:05 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
My husband will love you he is busy trying to convince me to buy the bigger better one and i'm sure he will enjoy the beer an hour earlier.

We have just bought 2 acres after renting on 900 sq metres which we found very restrictive after out UK 1/3rd of an acre, would rather have more than less and if you keep on top of it it shouldn't get out of hand.
So does this mean I can have the bigger one??? eh? eh? can I? can I? Pleeeaaaasssssseeee

The 'bigger one' in question is a John Deere LX280 with a 48" deck
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:45 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a zero-turn? I am hooked on them - they are so manoueverable although this does mean you can "lose" small shrubs and the occasional garage or shed......

Beware he bigger deck if you have uneven ground - they can scalp easily even if you set them high.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the replies guys. The bikes are a consideration, but I won't be annoying the neighbours. The estate we are most interested in has 'no trails bikes' in the covenants ! Great excuse for us save about 10K in bikes !

The points of view are interesting to read and the wildlife/fire aspects certainly ease some fears !

Thanks again,
SD.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Is that a zero-turn? I am hooked on them - they are so manoueverable although this does mean you can "lose" small shrubs and the occasional garage or shed......

Beware he bigger deck if you have uneven ground - they can scalp easily even if you set them high.
Suprised he hasn't started a ride on tractor thread as it seems to be most mens fantasy... :scared: .
Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:05 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Suprised he hasn't started a ride on tractor thread as it seems to be most mens fantasy... :scared: .
When you get to "a certain age" your fantasies do seem a little more mundane.... <g>
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:35 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
When you get to "a certain age" your fantasies do seem a little more mundane.... <g>
The zero turn, although a nice shiny piece of kit, is getting into big $$$$ territory. My budget is around the $7k mark so a zero is definitely on Fantasy Island
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:01 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 232Bar
The zero turn, although a nice shiny piece of kit, is getting into big $$$$ territory. My budget is around the $7k mark so a zero is definitely on Fantasy Island
$7k for a ****ing mower!! You seriously need to have a chat with yourself, soon!

$7 for a whipper snipper more like.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
No it's not. Take a look at the Toro range - you're well within. We're going for a semi-professional Toro and that's about $8k. There are 2 cheaper zero-turn models.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
No it's not. Take a look at the Toro range - you're well within. We're going for a semi-professional Toro and that's about $8k. There are 2 cheaper zero-turn models.
I only want a ride-on so I can pull a trailer. I'm quite happy to cut manually just for the exercise.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:34 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I only want a ride-on so I can pull a trailer. I'm quite happy to cut manually just for the exercise.
You need a quad bike for that then.
Attached Thumbnails Acreage Living-numpty-quad-bike.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2006, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
You need a quad bike for that then.
tell me about it! In fact, I might even get more use out of a quadbike(!)
Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:32 pm

Cut it manually on how many acres???

Sun must be getting to you.. .

Can you use quad bikes on the road in Aus???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.