Reload this Page >

Acknowledgement Letter

Acknowledgement Letter

Old Jul 2nd 2002, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mike & karen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acknowledgement Letter

Hi All

When you have received your acknowledgement letter, can I assume that your application has been quickly assessed as having the correct points for the visa you are applying for and your case will be fully assessed sometime in the near future.
We thank any replies in advance.

Regards

Mike & Karen
Old Jul 3rd 2002, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acknowledgement Letter

Don't know how relevant this is, but I got my acknowledgment letter (spouse sponsored, married 6 years, 2 kids) on 29 April 2002 quoting 6 month average processing time from receipt of application, and asking for police clearance cert (sent medicals with application).

I sent police cert on 30 April, registered post, and got a phone call from my case officer on 1 May 2002 saying my application was successful! Total processing time from posting application - 15 days.

I don't know if this is unusual or the norm, but it may give you hope that you are nearly there!

Best of luck, and see you in Oz!

Mark
Old Jul 3rd 2002, 8:31 am
Just Joined

dougp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acknowledgement Letter

Originally posted by bsftaylorm
Don't know how relevant this is, but I got my acknowledgment letter (spouse sponsored, married 6 years, 2 kids) on 29 April 2002 quoting 6 month average processing time from receipt of application, and asking for police clearance cert (sent medicals with application).

I sent police cert on 30 April, registered post, and got a phone call from my case officer on 1 May 2002 saying my application was successful! Total processing time from posting application - 15 days.

I don't know if this is unusual or the norm, but it may give you hope that you are nearly there!

Best of luck, and see you in Oz!

Mark
Gives me hope (virtually identical circumstances), if only the police/NIS would get off their backsides and process my request. 12 days to complaint-mode. My Australian police check managed to do a complete round trip in about 2 weeks.