Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:39 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACE's Home Build with In Vogue

Still looking great
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:58 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Still looking great
Thanks T
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:36 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
We have a friend who is doing this for us including the web connection so I can view from my smart phone literally anywhere
nice!

Originally Posted by ACE
In about 20 years when our boys leave home mind you it might be longer as our 12 year old said to me the other day is 31 too old to be still living at home

Seriously mate it is not as flash as it sounds, we are only having the Internet, TV and intercom options and we are going to do our own theatre system with wireless speakers and plasma screen rather than going with a hard wired sound system and projector. You can go the whole hog and have hard wired stereo speakers to every room (including the alfresco), security cameras which you can monitor via a live link from work and have the whole system (including lights and air con) hooked up to a console which you can program to come on and go off automatically. Now that is flash.
looks like i've got quite a bit of research to do in that area (smart wire) when we build...

House is looking better and better...
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:55 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I called our supervisor this week as we needed to ask him about making a couple of changes. I told him that we wanted to move some power points and add an extra water supply. He agreed straight away and gave us the electricians number. Later in the week, I spoke to the electrician about moving the power sockets in the theatre room to compliment the new position of the Internet, TV and satellite points, luckily he is more than happy to do that at no extra cost.

Plumbing is an in house trade so we had to take a slightlly different route. To cut a long story short, I had to go through the office and OK it with them. I thought that this would be a major issue and I prepared myself for a knock back. However, I called the office about adding the water supply in the fridge recess for the ice maker and our home administrator was totally cool about it. She advised me that on top of the extra charge for the work I would be charged a $500 post construction change fee. Anyway, She 'unofficially' advised me to go direct to the plumber. It has worked out really well as he is happy to do it and he reckons it is no big deal so won't cost much extra.

We are all very excited today, we have just got back from the house, the roof tiles are now on and the electrical and plumbing tubeout on the upper floor is complete. While we were there the ducted vac system guys turned up and just as we were leaving the plastering supervisor arrived.

The next stage is the plaster float and set, ceilings and cornice and glazing we will then be at lock up stage. In one way this is great news because it means that the project is moving towards the final stretch, on the downside we will no longer be able to go inside the house when we go to site.
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc07430.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc07408.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc07402.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc07400.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-dsc07418.jpg  

Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:55 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

My god! It's come on really quick!

I've only been away 3 weeks!

Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:33 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
My god! It's come on really quick!

I've only been away 3 weeks!

Welcome back T, hope you had a pleasant trip.

It is just crazy how fast it's all going. Just last night we were discussing the fact that we have just renewed our rental for another year to next October, the finish date for the house is next July but the way things are going I think they will finish way before then. Even if we factor in the time it will take us to have the painting, floors, lights, window treatments and landscaping done and the pool installed I reckon we may still be ahead of schedule. We are now considering the possibility of breaking our lease and finding new tenants for our rental.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:43 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AshyB
nice!

looks like i've got quite a bit of research to do in that area (smart wire) when we build...

House is looking better and better...
It really is going great, we are thrilled.

Research is so important and can be a bit daunting but there are loads of people on here (me included) who will help you with advice and info.

If you decide that you would like to build with In Vogue let me know and I'll put you in touch with our pre-construction team.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:21 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ACE
It really is going great, we are thrilled.

Research is so important and can be a bit daunting but there are loads of people on here (me included) who will help you with advice and info.

If you decide that you would like to build with In Vogue let me know and I'll put you in touch with our pre-construction team.
Thanks Ace (you might regret that once i've bombarded you with loads of questions! )
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 5:32 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Hi folks,
We have had a very busy couple of weeks.

It is that time of year again so I have been very busy writing reports and marking exams and Mr ACE is still working on his special project at work.

As if we didn't have enough going on, last Wednesday Mr ACE took delivery of his new toy, a boat. We rocked up to the showroom expecting to have a little test drive in the canals with our salesman but he actually took us out for a good run in the marina and out into the ocean. It was great fun but very tiring especially the stress of trying to reverse the boat up our very steep driveway when we got home. It has taken Mr ACE several family visits to the Mandurah Boat Show and countless family discussions to convince me that we needed this particular toy but with the exchange rate in our favor I finally gave in. I had been browsing the Skippers Ticket Book for about a week before hand and, not being one to rest on my laurels, the day after we got the boat I crammed all day and sat the theory test after work. I passed first time with a score of 28/30 which I was really pleased about as my year 10 and 11 boys at school (many of whom are keen sailor's, wake boarders, fishermen etc) had been telling how easy it was and would have given me heaps if I had failed. Anyway I am officially half a skipper now so we went out with our instructor for a 3 hour practical training session on Wednesday after work which was fantastic but pretty much knackered us out for the remainder of the week.

Anyway back to the house, we managed to drag ourselves up there yesterday and discovered that the air con guys had done some more work but it was not right. They had squeezed the ducting through the trusses instead of using the dropped ceilings (for which we paid over $500 dollars each) as detailed on the plans. Mr ACE wasn't too happy about that and had a chat with them while I was at work. I don't know exactly what was said but the owner of the air con company has assured us that it will be put right. The plumbers have done some more pipe work, the roof is now completely finished and the scaffolding has been taken down to the upstairs level in preparation for the plasterers next week.

No pictures this week as it doesn't really look different to the last lot.

Last edited by ACE; Nov 22nd 2008 at 5:38 am.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:47 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Not been on for a while as we took the boys to the Gold Coast for a little pre Christmas surprise. We got back yesterday morning and the first thing we did after a little sleep was visit the house. They have been busy, all the upper level ceilings are finished including the bulk head in the kitchen and the upper level windows are in. The upper level has been rendered inside and out including the balconies, and the air con ducting has been replaced with new ducting and put in the right place. I tried to take some pictures but the camera isn't working properly, I will post some pics ASAP.

Loving this weather
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:56 pm

Great stuff!

Where are the pictures?
Old Dec 15th 2008, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to the piccies
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:25 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

As usual we have been very busy. We have been catching up with friends, volunteering at our boys school, preparing for Christmas, doing our Skipper's ticket training and on top of that Mr Ace is still at work. On the plus side I passed my practical test last week so I am now official a skipper woohoo! Mr ACE is over the moon because he has the best excuse to make me do all the driving over the festive season which means he can do all the drinking I have just got to pluck up the courage to brave Mandurah Marina on New Years Eve (no chance)

The house is coming along beautifully, most of the plastering on the upper level has been completed and they have done an excellent job with it. They had a good clear up, removed all the bricks, mixers etc and swept the floors which really opened everything up. They have also started the internal and external painting which really has bought the house to life. On the down side the electricians have missed one of the bedsides plug points so they are going to have to make a hole in the lovely plastering to fix it up. We told the supervisor and he is as always totally unflappable and has assured us that it will be put right. We will be popping up there tomorrow to see if anything else has been done but I would imagine that they have probably packed up for the year.

Anyway everyone have a great Christmas and New Year!
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-bed1.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-mainbed.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-mainliving.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-mainliving2.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-study.jpg  

Last edited by ACE; Dec 23rd 2008 at 1:33 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:30 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

More Pics!
Attached Thumbnails ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-northside.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-northsideback.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-backbalcony1.jpg   ACE's Home Build with In Vogue-backbalcony2.jpg  
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Lovely house, well done and merry christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.