Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accomodation on Airlie Beach

Wikiposts

Accomodation on Airlie Beach

Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Accomodation on Airlie Beach

HI,

I would love to do a cruise but my hubby gets terrible seasickness, so we are looking for a nice place to stay apartments. I have got a good price from Pinnacles resort any others that people can recommend.

Cheers

Carrianne
Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Accomodation on Airlie Beach

It's a shame you won't get to see Whitehaven Beach.....maybe you should do it alone

SS
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
It's a shame you won't get to see Whitehaven Beach.....maybe you should do it alone

SS
He will go on a day trip but not sleep on one

My dad is flying over on Sunday so he will be with us.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:10 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carrianne
He will go on a day trip but not sleep on one

My dad is flying over on Sunday so he will be with us.

how long u goin for? and r u flying
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

hi

Just to let you know that the 3 day cruise that we went on around the Whitsundays used Long Island as a base. We slept in accomodation on the Island and were on the boat during the day - no sleeping on the boat involved. We did this on the cheap (backpacker style accom - very basic - all food provided on the boat - again very basic so you would need to take some provisions) you could eat at the restaurants on the Island if necessary. I`m sure that there would be some slightly upmarket cruises which would do the same for those not happy sleeping on the boat.
Just thought you might like this idea??

Sarah
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Thansk that's an idea, we are going for 4 nights and flying. I got some local info from a friend in work and have decided to stay at the watersedge apartments.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Carrianne
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carrianne
HI,

I would love to do a cruise but my hubby gets terrible seasickness, so we are looking for a nice place to stay apartments. I have got a good price from Pinnacles resort any others that people can recommend.

Cheers

Carrianne
The Coral Beach hotel is gorgeous, its the nearest mainland hotel to the whitsundays and the views to the islands are something out of this world!!!!
....the rooms are like apartments, we had a 2 bed apartment in an annexe with an amazing view and got a great deal by just going in at the last minute, would definitely stay here again, the rest of Airlie Beach was a bit trashy when we went 3 years ago but this hotel is the smart place to stay