Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first day at school in perth

first day at school in perth

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all
Default first day at school in perth

my daughter started her first day at school today - she is five and wanted to be dropped in the car park and "make her own way to the classroom" - had to convince her that I was to be present to explain to the teacher that she is picked up by family day care - my daughter says "just write her (teacher) a note mom and I will give it to her" - damn what will she be like at 15!! Presently - "lights out" on the couch
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 12:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: first day at school in perth

Awww, bless!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future
Default Re: first day at school in perth

Originally Posted by capacity
my daughter started her first day at school today - she is five and wanted to be dropped in the car park and "make her own way to the classroom" - had to convince her that I was to be present to explain to the teacher that she is picked up by family day care - my daughter says "just write her (teacher) a note mom and I will give it to her" - damn what will she be like at 15!! Presently - "lights out" on the couch
Oh how they break your heart! We will be going to perth in July, what hours do the little ones go to school? My youngest is 5 but he will turn 6 on July 16th, so I think he'll be in Kindy still. BTW my oldest (a girl) is 10 now and she was like your daughter at 5 too, it doesn't change much. She loves to be with me as long as we're out shopping and I'm buying her clothes, and once her friends thought my outfit was really cool, so I was good for about a month.

Nicanjoe
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Oh how they break your heart! We will be going to perth in July, what hours do the little ones go to school? My youngest is 5 but he will turn 6 on July 16th, so I think he'll be in Kindy still. BTW my oldest (a girl) is 10 now and she was like your daughter at 5 too, it doesn't change much. She loves to be with me as long as we're out shopping and I'm buying her clothes, and once her friends thought my outfit was really cool, so I was good for about a month.

Nicanjoe

Sereia starts school at 845 and has to be collected by 240 - she is full of stories this morning - I am a full time working mother so she goes to before and after school care to a family day care which she loves and is just around the corner from us. She sounds a bit like your elsdest - yes loves to be out and about and not buying clothes for her but her baby! Were are you going to be staying in Perth.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Oh how they break your heart! We will be going to perth in July, what hours do the little ones go to school? My youngest is 5 but he will turn 6 on July 16th, so I think he'll be in Kindy still.
WA:
Children born 1 July 2000 to 30 June 2001:

Begin kindergarten at the start of school year in Feb 2005
Begin pre-primary at the start of school year in Feb 2006
Begin Year 1 at the start of school year in Feb 2007
Begin Year 2 at the start of school year in Feb 2008

http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/WA.htm