Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accommodation on Sunshine Coast

Accommodation on Sunshine Coast

Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:40 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Accommodation on Sunshine Coast

Hi,

Can anyone recomend any good hotels on the sunshine coast that is family friendly i.e. stuff for the kids to do.
Also where is the main place on the Sunshine coast is it Noosa?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation on Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by frogboy
Hi,

Can anyone recomend any good hotels on the sunshine coast that is family friendly i.e. stuff for the kids to do.
Don't know about hotels but we stayed at the Maroochy Palms holiday park
http://www.maroochypalms.com.au/
It was really nice, had a lovely pool and is close to shops, beach etc (if you have a car). We will be staying there again when we move over until we find rented accomodation.
I would say the main part of the Sunshine Coast is Mooloolaba, Buderim, Maroochydore etc. Noosa is to the north and Caloundra to the south
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:32 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

hey frogboy - check out 'koala konnection', a really useful website including accommodation thats been set up by ex-pats, good luck
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Hiya,

We have just returned from validation trip to Sunny coast with 3 kids under 7 in tow, we stayed at the following:
http://www.camargueapartments.com.au/

they are based in Maroochydore bang smack in front of the beach, brill location! the apartments are spacious, we had a two bedroom (one twin) with sofa bed, facilities include swimming pool, inground barbie, spa and jacuzi and sky telly, really good value, they are ideal if you are travelling with kids.

good luck - Sally
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pukka pom
Hiya,

We have just returned from validation trip to Sunny coast with 3 kids under 7 in tow, we stayed at the following:
http://www.camargueapartments.com.au/

they are based in Maroochydore bang smack in front of the beach, brill location! the apartments are spacious, we had a two bedroom (one twin) with sofa bed, facilities include swimming pool, inground barbie, spa and jacuzi and sky telly, really good value, they are ideal if you are travelling with kids.

good luck - Sally
Hi Sally

They look really good, I've sent them an email to see if they do discounts for longer periods
Thanks for that
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi Sally

They look really good, I've sent them an email to see if they do discounts for longer periods
Thanks for that
Good Luck!, I should also mention they have heavy duty washing machine and tumble dryer!! a big plus! If I can be of any help give me a shout - Sally
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Good Luck!, I should also mention they have heavy duty washing machine and tumble dryer!! a big plus! If I can be of any help give me a shout - Sally
Just had an email back from them, $100 per week off for longer stays (28 days or more), they'll also do deals on 2 week +

We were going to stay at Maroochy Palms but this place looks much nicer

Thanks!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just had an email back from them, $100 per week off for longer stays (28 days or more), they'll also do deals on 2 week +

We were going to stay at Maroochy Palms but this place looks much nicer

Thanks!!
kevin, just looked at Maroochy Palms, that also looks nice, but where we stayed you have the bonus of being right on the doorstep of the beach, the only negative was we had a ground floor, which we requested as better with the kids, it was a little dark - that was the only negative, Ken who runs the place is really friendly and helpful, any probems he's straight round.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 6:28 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

kevin, just looked at Maroochy Palms, that also looks nice, but where we stayed you have the bonus of being right on the doorstep of the beach, the only negative was we had a ground floor, which we requested as better with the kids, it was a little dark - that was the only negative, Ken who runs the place is really friendly and helpful, any probems he's straight round.

Enjoy your trip!
Hi pukka pom,

we have just booked 1 week at the apartments, what was there in terms of entertainment at night in the area. Is there anywhere to take 2 kids or is it a case of stopping in your apartments? Do they have any sort of entertainment at the LSC? What time do kids have to be out of pubs/clubs in Oz?

cheers
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Any idea about this place - http://www.rydges.com/hotel/0/RQOASI...-Caloundra.htm

Looks good on the website. Also what is the best way to travel from the Brisbane domestic terminal to the Sunshine Coast? Any idea of the costs?

Thanks
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi pukka pom,

we have just booked 1 week at the apartments, what was there in terms of entertainment at night in the area. Is there anywhere to take 2 kids or is it a case of stopping in your apartments? Do they have any sort of entertainment at the LSC? What time do kids have to be out of pubs/clubs in Oz?

cheers
Hi Frogboy, nice one, hope you enjoy your stay there, make sure you cross the road and watch the sun come up as I did before the jet-leg subsided!

Maroochy Surf club is just a minutes walk over the road, we had a couple of meals in there in the evening which were quite nice, don't know much about the entertainment in there but here is the web site http://www.maroochysurfclub.com.au/
didn't really go out much of an evening, the children were really tired, they are only 6, 4 and 2, Malooloolaba surf club is really nice and run frequent buses, if you ring they will come and get you and take you home and its free, little childrens room with TV play things etc.I know children have to be out of there by 9pm. I heard Maroochy RSL did really good food and was great for kids but never got to go there, its not far from apartments.

What are your plans? do you know where you want to live? how old are your children?

We plan to make the move but not until next year (very tentatively), we have some work to do on the house and there is a chance Stu might get redundancy which would help financially, we plan to live in the Mountain Creek school zone, we will rent in the area and then buy outside as you get more for your money.

Cheers, Sally
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:17 am
Here At Last!!

Hi Frogboy, nice one, hope you enjoy your stay there, make sure you cross the road and watch the sun come up as I did before the jet-leg subsided!

Maroochy Surf club is just a minutes walk over the road, we had a couple of meals in there in the evening which were quite nice, don't know much about the entertainment in there but here is the web site http://www.maroochysurfclub.com.au/
didn't really go out much of an evening, the children were really tired, they are only 6, 4 and 2, Malooloolaba surf club is really nice and run frequent buses, if you ring they will come and get you and take you home and its free, little childrens room with TV play things etc.I know children have to be out of there by 9pm. I heard Maroochy RSL did really good food and was great for kids but never got to go there, its not far from apartments.

What are your plans? do you know where you want to live? how old are your children?

We plan to make the move but not until next year (very tentatively), we have some work to do on the house and there is a chance Stu might get redundancy which would help financially, we plan to live in the Mountain Creek school zone, we will rent in the area and then buy outside as you get more for your money.

Cheers, Sally
We are actually looking to move to the Brisbane area. We are staying in the Brisbane Holiday Village for a week to look around for houses, schools etc and maybe do a couple of theme parks for the kids then we will head up to the Sunny coast to relax and have a bit of a holiday for a week. The house is on the market so we just need to sell it, however hoping to be out by the end of the year fingers crossed.

Good luck
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

We are actually looking to move to the Brisbane area. We are staying in the Brisbane Holiday Village for a week to look around for houses, schools etc and maybe do a couple of theme parks for the kids then we will head up to the Sunny coast to relax and have a bit of a holiday for a week. The house is on the market so we just need to sell it, however hoping to be out by the end of the year fingers crossed.

Good luck
hi, just thought i would let you know that there are apartments called Pacific Horizons offering 2 bed apartments for $405 for 4 weeks or longer and $498 for under 4 weeks. don't know what they are like but they look OK on there website. selina x
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:38 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,
Any idea about this place - http://www.rydges.com/hotel/0/RQOASI...-Caloundra.htm

Looks good on the website. Also what is the best way to travel from the Brisbane domestic terminal to the Sunshine Coast? Any idea of the costs?

Thanks
hey indiegirl

rydges is just down the road from where we live now. it is a lovely place and i know a few people who've stayed there - aussies and brits - and say its very good with excellent facilities. its also a walk away from caloundra boardwalk, bulcock, kings and golden beaches, and a walk into town. should be good mate. from the airport you'll see clear signs to the sunshine coast which bypasses brisbane and get you onto the bruce highway - with a good run you should be at caloundra in about 50 mins.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,

Thanks
There are a couple of buses that do the trip from the Airport to Sunshine Coast, I believe you have to book them first as they dont just turn up at the airport unlike the coaches to the Gold Coast, check on the internet i think one is called sunshine buses or similar.