Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Brisbane

Accommodation Brisbane

Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

neil_coul will become famous soon enoughneil_coul will become famous soon enough
Default Accommodation Brisbane

Hi

I am sure this has been answered before but can't find it on the threads.

I am looking for short term Accommodation (three to six months) in Brisbane.

I will eventually look for something more permanent either in Brisbane or the Gold Coast.The cheaper the better as it is only going to be temporary.Looked at a few places but they seem to be more for students.I want to get a feel for the place first and decide were i want to live so a studio or those long term hotels would be ok.If anyone knows of anywhere I would love to hear from them.

Thanks

Neil
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all
Default Re: Accommodation Brisbane

Hi
We have just booked 21 days at Ashmore Palms holiday resort on the Gold Coast.
We have never been but lots of people have recomended it.
They also do interim cabins for a longer stay.

hope this helps

Jill
xxx
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

neil_coul will become famous soon enoughneil_coul will become famous soon enough

Thanks,what do they charge per week?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by neil_coul
Thanks,what do they charge per week?
Ashmore Palms holiday resort quote "7+ Night Special Rate $75 per night, Not available during peak and summer peak periods"

What area are you actually wanting to be close to ?
Is it just for a single person, or ?

Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about

Ashmore Palms is a sister resort to Brisbane Holiday Village, Eight Mile Plain in Brisbane. We stayed there for about 10 nights in a cabin when we came on our reccie. It was clean and modern with use of pool, tennis courts, crazy golf for kids etc and the staff were really helpful (Geoff in the office particularly especially if your undecided between Brisbane and Gold Coast as he is definitely Gold Coast fan).
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

If you are planning to be going between Brisbane and the Gold Coast it may be a good idea to rent a place in one of the suburbs which is not in the depths of the cbd as traffic can be a nightmare and it would also be an advantage to be on the southside then there are no bridges to cross. Have a look on ourbrisbane.com.au this will give you an idea of the suburbs and location.
Hope all goes well
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

I would highly recommend http://www.brisbane-relocations.com they even include airport pickup which will save you a few $'s
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone,I really appreciate your help.

At the moment I am still trying to sort out work(I am in sales) then i can decide exactly were we will live.

Thanks

Neil
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:47 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

If you are thinking 3-6 months then I would suggets a normal rental on a 6month term. That way you will get a lot more for you rmoney than staying in some expensive "short-term" accommodation.

For $75 a night (as in an earlier post) you are talking about $525/week. That's about waht I pay for a 4 bed, 2 bathroom house with pool in the leafy western burbs.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

I would get short term furnished let for 4 weeks then you will be able to check areas out & get a 6mths rental in the area of your choice if you have a shipment try & have it ready for when you get your 6mth unfurnished rental will save you $$$$$$$
Old Dec 13th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help.I am def going to try for a short term rental until i get my bearings and decide were i want to live

neil
Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neil_coul
Thanks for your help.I am def going to try for a short term rental until i get my bearings and decide were i want to live

neil
Hey Neil - we just let our apartment on the gold coast for two months fully furnished etc for $550 a week (with an airport transfer) 200mts from the beach - might be able to help you depending when you were planing on coming over - pm me

cheers

Mark