Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

accomadation in the hunter valley area

accomadation in the hunter valley area

Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of
Default accomadation in the hunter valley area

could anyone reccomend any accomadation in the hunter valley / 2 hours north of sydney for a family please
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

jakimber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: accomadation in the hunter valley area

Originally Posted by janet66
could anyone reccomend any accomadation in the hunter valley / 2 hours north of sydney for a family please
Not sure if you are looking for a holiday place, or somewhere permanent. If holiday try Leconfield house, otherwise can't be much help.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:45 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

is it for a holiday or rental ?
as we have recently stayed just outside cessnook lower hunter valley for 4 weeks on hols
local vineyards are excellent lots of open cellars

regards Steve
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:02 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
is it for a holiday or rental ?
as we have recently stayed just outside cessnook lower hunter valley for 4 weeks on hols
local vineyards are excellent lots of open cellars

regards Steve
Hope you had a nose at the hunter beaches. Newcastle, nelson bay, fingle bay. Some great beaches around.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

its for a holiday and only a few days , also what attractions in the area would be good to visit
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:42 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

its for a holiday and only a few days , also what attractions in the area would be good to visit
the obvious one is the vine yards literally hundreds of them - use a local tour operator to visit so you can try the wine at each cellar - its far to easy to go over the limit otherwise -

Stockton beach - just north of Newcastle - 34kms of non top sand thats 2 to 3km wide its where "bartertown" in mad max beyond the thunderdome was filmed - again a tour operator required as a heavy duty 4x4 is needed to gain access - this was a good laugh the dunes are up to 45mtrs high and we had great but knackering fun sandboarding down them
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

We just spent 10 days down at Port Stephens looking at moving to the area. I'd say there's plenty to do and see in the wide area. It only took 50 mins to drive to the hunter valley from Nelson Bay and we visited the Hunter Valley Gardens just north of Cessnook as well as several wineries. (Hey, I wasn't driving!!!) Also consider basing yourself in the Lake Macquarrie area as the hunter is accesable from there as well.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
We just spent 10 days down at Port Stephens looking at moving to the area. I'd say there's plenty to do and see in the wide area. It only took 50 mins to drive to the hunter valley from Nelson Bay and we visited the Hunter Valley Gardens just north of Cessnook as well as several wineries. (Hey, I wasn't driving!!!) Also consider basing yourself in the Lake Macquarrie area as the hunter is accesable from there as well.
thanks for that information ill have a look round
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

We stayed in the Hunter Valley recently at the Hunter Valley Cabins, we had a great time. It's a small quiet self catering site, the owners are very welcoming and the surrounding countryside is beautiful. This is their website address - http://www.huntervalleycabins.com.au/. While there we visited local vineyards and could also recommend the Hunter Valley Garden's complex for a bit of retail therapy.

Hope you have a good time,

Nanci
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:02 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: accomadation in the hunter valley area

Try clicking here and see how you get on, mate.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:57 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

thanks for that information ill have a look round

Hi

Potters Hotel and Brewery is good and we negotiated a cheap rate for midweek. It also has a spa and small pool.

Its just north of Cessnock and ideally placed for the Wineries and the beaches are about 50 minutes away as is Newcastle which is being tarted up and made touristy.

Its in the list put up by Vash - check it out.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: accomadation in the hunter valley area

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Potters Hotel and Brewery is good and we negotiated a cheap rate for midweek. It also has a spa and small pool.

Its just north of Cessnock and ideally placed for the Wineries and the beaches are about 50 minutes away as is Newcastle which is being tarted up and made touristy.

Its in the list put up by Vash - check it out.

Regards

Jim
thanks alot ill check it out jan x
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Hi,

You do not say for how long! But.....

Wife and I were in Cessnock a couple of weeks ago......there are a couple of small hotels or you would need to look out the motels.
Being a tourist place there is also the option of B & B.

Suggest you Google up accomodation in Cessnock.

remember it is a top tourist place and prices reflect this...especially week ends.....try looking a bit further out.

Best of Luck......
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi,

You do not say for how long! But.....

Wife and I were in Cessnock a couple of weeks ago......there are a couple of small hotels or you would need to look out the motels.
Being a tourist place there is also the option of B & B.

Suggest you Google up accomodation in Cessnock.

remember it is a top tourist place and prices reflect this...especially week ends.....try looking a bit further out.

Best of Luck......
its for 3 nights and midweek where did you stay
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Try Billabong Moon (hopefully you'll be able to find it by doing a google search).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.