Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accepted offer on house, fly in 2 weeks

Accepted offer on house, fly in 2 weeks

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Accepted offer on house, fly in 2 weeks

Well, what a differance a day makes as they say.

On Monday we still hadnt sold the house after 8 weeks and I had just given the Estate agent another kicking for there inability to meet up to my expectations and being incompetant. ( my error as working slow is what they do). We had found some great flights but couldnt make the decsion of whether to book them.

So Monday afternoon we booked some flights for 4 weeks coming to NZ on 17th Aug, after spending 4 days in Brisbane.
Then last night, we had an unexpected viewing at 5.30, an offer made at 6.30 and we had accepted by 7.00.
Spoke to the agents to day and we have both appointed Solicitors. First time buyer and we have nothing to buy, so no chain. So all looks good.
BUT, as I have read on so many posts this is not the end of the house sale hell and anything could happen between now and completion.
So we are looking forward to flying out of Heathrow on Sat 9th Aug and having a break away from it all.
Findgers crossed, when we get back, we will have one week to pack, before we move in with the "Mother In Law", until our visa come through, if we get our job offers.
If,If, If, If.

Will keep you all posted of how we get on.

Paul