Reload this Page >

Accepted Offer on House

Accepted Offer on House

Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:07 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Accepted Offer on House

Hi

We have accepted an offer on our house today, Very Scary, haven't got Visa's yet, but feel that with the market being so slow we had better grab it while we can.

We are on a 139 Visa, applied 19th Aug 04. Hopefully should have the visa by Jan/Feb 05 if all goes to plan.

We have landed first time buyers so could all go through in 6-8 weeks. Have contacted Rental agencies and they have told me that they do have some short term rentals on 3 month contracts so hopefully that should be ok. that would work out Dec,Jan and Feb in a rental.

If all goes belly up with the visa for some unknown reason, we have decided to move anyway and try something different in the uk.

My god at the age of 46 and 45 this is the scariest thing we have ever done, although we have always been the type of people that have the attitude, if you don't try it then you will never know. But oh my this is the biggest yet.

Now just got to sell the business.

Cheers

Julia
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Accepted Offer on House

Originally Posted by Springo
Hi

We have accepted an offer on our house today, Very Scary, haven't got Visa's yet, but feel that with the market being so slow we had better grab it while we can.

We are on a 139 Visa, applied 19th Aug 04. Hopefully should have the visa by Jan/Feb 05 if all goes to plan.

We have landed first time buyers so could all go through in 6-8 weeks. Have contacted Rental agencies and they have told me that they do have some short term rentals on 3 month contracts so hopefully that should be ok. that would work out Dec,Jan and Feb in a rental.

If all goes belly up with the visa for some unknown reason, we have decided to move anyway and try something different in the uk.

My god at the age of 46 and 45 this is the scariest thing we have ever done, although we have always been the type of people that have the attitude, if you don't try it then you will never know. But oh my this is the biggest yet.

Cheers

Julia

Julia

I hope all goes well! As you said the house market is slow, but the buyers who are still there seem to be serious.

Where are you planning to go to in Oz? I know I just saw it Perth.

Just take one thing at a time and it will all come together.

Good luck on selling your house and your business.

Hev
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:17 pm
Cheeky

Hi Julia!!!!!

Brill news about the house!!!! That was quick though, correct me if Im wrong but its not been on the market for long has it?? Anyway best of luck with the sale and everything, I have to say I am so not looking forward to selling our house!!!!!

You have a fantastic attitude your right it is scary :scared: but very exciting at the same time!LOL Well thats what I think anyway........scuse me while I adjust my 'rose tinted specs'!!!LOL

Good luck!!!

Cheeky

Hi

Cheers

Julia

Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

What good luck - first time buyers - no chain - great!

Hope all goes well for you - wish we could sell our house!

Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:36 pm
Carramar Perth

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi Julia!!!!!

Brill news about the house!!!! That was quick though, correct me if Im wrong but its not been on the market for long has it?? Anyway best of luck with the sale and everything, I have to say I am so not looking forward to selling our house!!!!!

You have a fantastic attitude your right it is scary :scared: but very exciting at the same time!LOL Well thats what I think anyway........scuse me while I adjust my 'rose tinted specs'!!!LOL

Good luck!!!

Cheeky
Thanks Big Bird and Cheeky for your good wishes

Cheeky we put the house on the 1st September, really pleased we got a decent offer before November. Was beginning to feel shattered having to keep it constantly clean and tidy with a 3 yr old. Had a family do to go to at the weekend, some relis hadn't seen me for over a year, they said I had lost loads of weight, you see this is what emigrating does to you, mind you could of done with losing some pounds and still could.

Take Care

Julia
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:17 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers

Julia
Great news! hope it all goes smoothly,
Good luck & best wishes to you.
Ps.....send us some of your house selling luck?!
Donna.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Hi

Cheers

Julia
Well done! I think you're right accepting the offer as things definately seem to have slowed down. Ours has been on 3 weeks. The first week we had 6 viewers most who said they loved the house but it's been as if no one has wanted to commit themselves until they see what's going to happen in the property market. Still we have a 3rd (!) viewing on Saturday. Fingers crossed
Yvonne
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:13 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Fab news on getting an offer on the house so quickly. You are so right, if you don't give it ago, you will never know. Send me some house selling luck please as ours is not going too well at the moment. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Sarah
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:33 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Send me some house selling luck please as ours is not going too well at the moment. Sarah
there was an article in the Sunday times by the bloke off Location Location etc, and one point I had not thought about before, he suggested that you get your mortgage provider to send the deeds to your solicitor as this is a common reason (as it can take up to 28days) for delays in completion of a house sale. There were other comments for sellers & negotions so maybe worth a look at it on line.

All the best Springo with getting your buyers to the completion stage.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:35 pm
Carramar Perth

Thank you all for your good wishes.

I really do hope it goes smoothly.

I have sent Karma and good luck vibes to you all.

Julia
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

AliHay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Cheers

Julia

Congratulations. We have had our house on the market for 6 weeks. We accepted an offer last week but their buyers pulled out. We are having no interest. Where we live the houses used to be snapped up in a matter of days.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:48 pm
joveazey

Hi Julia,

Well done with the house ! We had an offer that we accepted last week, but the people haven't sold theirs yet so who knows. I know what you mean about the cleaning, my little boy is 1 and there are toys everywhere, not to mention the food all over the floor every mealtime ! I just want to sell it so that nobody else has to view. Anyway, we might be arriving at the same time, the way things are going.

Jo

Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Accepted Offer on House

Hi

Cheers

Julia

Yeh your right go for it

We decided to wait until we were nearly there with visa, until we put it up for sale.

Now we have, the visa a bit quicker than expected and desperate to sell house, so we can be there for January, wish we had done what you are doing.

aaaarrrrgghhhhhhhh
Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:16 pm
Carramar Perth

Originally Posted by joveazey
Hi Julia,

Well done with the house ! We had an offer that we accepted last week, but the people haven't sold theirs yet so who knows. I know what you mean about the cleaning, my little boy is 1 and there are toys everywhere, not to mention the food all over the floor every mealtime ! I just want to sell it so that nobody else has to view. Anyway, we might be arriving at the same time, the way things are going.

Jo
Hi Jo

Good luck with the house selling, that was my first thought, thank god no more nagging everyone to keep things tidy for a while.

Now we have to think about getting rid of unwanted junk.

Jo, Can I ask you a question re medicals, I know you went to the same clinic as me, Do you know if the doctors sent off your X Rays as well as the Radiologist report, I was reading a thread on the immigration site and they were saying that if all is ok with the x rays the doctors don't send them off to the DIMIA. Its silly really I am sure all doctors do things there way, but I can't help but worry over things, I dont think these forums are too good for my health. LOL.

You are probably right, if all goes well we will probably be going at the same time.

Julia
Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:26 pm
Carramar Perth

Originally Posted by Dicko
Yeh your right go for it

We decided to wait until we were nearly there with visa, until we put it up for sale.

Now we have, the visa a bit quicker than expected and desperate to sell house, so we can be there for January, wish we had done what you are doing.

aaaarrrrgghhhhhhhh
Hi Dicko

It is a risk selling everything before the visa comes through, I suppose it does depend on your personal circumstance, like I said we will do something different in the UK if the visa doesn't come through. We know people that have done it our way 18 months ago and have ended up in rented for 12 months because of problems appearing on one of the childrens medicals. That was one of the reasons we decided to have medicals before putting the house up. Being a Post July 139er also helps.

Good luck with the sale, sending you Karma.

Julia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.