Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Acceptance Fees for Private Schools?

Acceptance Fees for Private Schools?

Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough
Default Acceptance Fees for Private Schools?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could clear something up for me?

I was just wondering when you accept a place at a private school, and you have to pay an acceptance fee is this taken off the first terms fees or is this on top of the fees?

Just very confused!!

Thank you

Claire xx
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Derry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acceptance Fees for Private Schools?

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering when you accept a place at a private school, and you have to pay an acceptance fee is this taken off the first terms fees or is this on top of the fees?

Just very confused!!

Thank you

Claire xx
I wondered this but don't believe it is, as English schools stipulate that it is.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Im pretty sure its on top.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Im pretty sure its on top.
Me too unfortunately!!! Hope your'e ok Sandra.

Due to move next weekend-gone by so quickly. Still fancy that coffee/wine soon!!??

Claire xx
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Me too unfortunately!!! Hope your'e ok Sandra.

Due to move next weekend-gone by so quickly. Still fancy that coffee/wine soon!!??

Claire xx
All good thanks Claire.From what I gather you pay lets say $50 for enrolment and alot more than that for acceptance.We paid $200 for acceptance but I know of at least one charging $800.Also if you change your mind you dont get a refund.
Wine/tea soon would be lovely.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sandra

William is going to go to St Marks, but the acceptance fee is almost $1000!!!! great eh!

Hopefully see you soon then!
Claire x
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Sandra

William is going to go to St Marks, but the acceptance fee is almost $1000!!!! great eh!

Claire x
Ouch.He better not get to Monday and say that he doesnt feel like going to school today.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

If he does he won't make it to tuesday i tell you!!! What with book lists, uniform, acceptance fee, school fees, shoes etc its going to cost us an absolute fortune! Kids ..... why did we ever have them eh!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:00 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Just very confused!!

Thank you

Claire xx
The acceptance fee typically isn't deducted from the first terms fees as we recently discovered. There were still a few more little surprises after that like $244 per child for Photocopy levy (!!) which is on top of the standard school fee.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Our school has two parts to the Application fee.

Application Fee:
A non-refundable fee of $75 is to accompany the Enrolment Application for each student.

Enrolment Bond/Acceptance fee of $400:
An interest free refundable bond secures acceptance of each enrolment offer. The bond is returned when the child leaves the College provided all borrowed resources and equipment (including library books, text books, borrowed co-curricular uniforms, College musical instruments and ID Cards) have been returned and all financial commitments have been cleared with the College, and sufficient notice of withdrawal has been given.
Check to see if you get yours back on leaving.

Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Kalenge
The acceptance fee typically isn't deducted from the first terms fees as we recently discovered. There were still a few more little surprises after that like $244 per child for Photocopy levy (!!) which is on top of the standard school fee.
That sounds high for photocopying .....
Ours is
Each student has an allowance for 200 black and white copies or $10.00 for the year.

Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sandra

Claire x
It is on top of at St Marks, I paid mine a couple of months ago. However, if you have other children going in years to come, you don't have to pay that again.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,

Just very confused!!

Thank you

Claire xx
Unless your really lucky, all these will be on top of the school fees. Most private schools also don't have an "inclusive" policy either so you will be charged for pretty much everything. Our sons school has a "book room account" for each child. This covers school uniform, stationary, trips etc etc etc. If he needs a new jumper, socks or tie he goes to the shop and it gets put on our account and we get a bill once a term. This is usually about $400-500 a term depending on his year level and the trips/camps that year. Books cost between $500-700 a year and then there's the laptop etc. If you add about $2000 onto the top of the school fees per year you won't be far out for most private schools. In year 8 I remember our son came home with a brand new touch screen calculator already engraved with his name, " its ok mum he said we all had to have one!!" $270!!!!!!! We weren't even asked.

Having said that its a fantastic school we've sent both our youngest there and would do it again (who needs holidays and new clothes anyhow) our youngest started year 12 today, last year, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only uni for 3 to pay for now
Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much everyone. Thought as much...but was just living in hope!!!!!

Take care,

Claire x

p.s northernbird - may well see you at school one day then! hope your daughter enjoys it x
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

p.s northernbird - may well see you at school one day then! hope your daughter enjoys it x
Me too. My boy starts there on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.