AC/DC Tour

Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default AC/DC Tour

OK.....nowt to do with Australia and immigrating but as so many people on here live all over the place....including across the UK and across Australia...I thought I'd be first to ask if anyone would be willing to purchase AC/DC tickets for me in their neck of the woods.

I intend to see the band on tour across the UK and mainland Europe....and perhaps even Australia depending on dates.

It may be that tickets will only be sold to those with an address in the location of the concert.............

The tour will start in Chicago apparently and I am waiting for dates so I can then start to wangle a trip over there.

Where there is a will there is a way for die hard fans.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AC/DC Tour

Sorry can't get tickets coz we aren't there yet but I would really like to know where I can find out when they do announce dates esp for Brisbane...absolutely gotta see the thunder from down under..down under
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Hey.....they are not in Australia yet and neither am I.

If you are in Crawley you are close to me anyway.

Tour is scheduled to start in the USA I believe....new single is out 28th August (TOMORROW)...called Rock n Roll Train

New album called Black Ice is out 20 October...tour to follow soon after.

When will you go to Aus ?

Originally Posted by trevamather
Sorry can't get tickets coz we aren't there yet but I would really like to know where I can find out when they do announce dates esp for Brisbane...absolutely gotta see the thunder from down under..down under
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:49 pm
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
It may be that tickets will only be sold to those with an address in the location of the concert..............
Never the case. Buy them online at the relevant ticket agency and opt for box office pick up. Some countries will post tickets (Scandanavian ones at least) but most only offer international customers the box office pick up option. Ticketek is the usual Oz ticket agency.

No need for people to buy tickets for you - you can do it all yourself.

I've done it for quite a few gigs "abroad" - France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Czech Republic, USA (first time in 1998) and Australia when i was in the UK (and that was in 2002)

Have fun cause following a band around is a great laugh and you met loads of interesting people, plus the crowds in each country are very different.

If you cant get tickets then no real worries - no gig is ever "sold out". Always last minute returns or promoter returns to the box office on the day or last last resort is the scalpers outside or normal fans just looking to cover their costs on tickets where friends dont turn up. I've never not been able to get into a gig anywhere at the last minute
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah....but we are talking AC/DC here....the first tour in christ knows how long and most certainly their last !!!

Originally Posted by jce
. I've never not been able to get into a gig anywhere at the last minute
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:08 pm
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all

LOL - doenst matter how big the band or how small the venue or when they last toured, there are always tickets.

Only gig i've ever heard of that really was sold out was a Duran Duran gig in Birmingham in 1982 when even the promoter and band couldnt get people in

When Pink Floyd toured in 1987/88 (8 years after their last gig) there were tickets everywhere when every gig was "sold out", same with their "sold out" 14 nights at Earls Court in 1994 (when i saw every night only having pre bought tickets to the first 4 nights) and again when they reunited at Live8 when i turned up on the day.

I got into the Zeppelin gig last Dec in London (having flown from Oz) no probs and a MILLION people applied for those 20,000 tickets

I also got into the ACDC show at the Hammersmith Apollo a few years back no probs

And a Bowie gig in Brooklyn New York in 2002 - capacity of venue was 1,000 people!

There are always tickets on the day at or around the venue
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:47 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jce
LOL - doenst matter how big the band or how small the venue or when they last toured, there are always tickets.

Only gig i've ever heard of that really was sold out was a Duran Duran gig in Birmingham in 1982 when even the promoter and band couldnt get people in

When Pink Floyd toured in 1987/88 (8 years after their last gig) there were tickets everywhere when every gig was "sold out", same with their "sold out" 14 nights at Earls Court in 1994 (when i saw every night only having pre bought tickets to the first 4 nights) and again when they reunited at Live8 when i turned up on the day.

I got into the Zeppelin gig last Dec in London (having flown from Oz) no probs and a MILLION people applied for those 20,000 tickets

I also got into the ACDC show at the Hammersmith Apollo a few years back no probs

And a Bowie gig in Brooklyn New York in 2002 - capacity of venue was 1,000 people!

There are always tickets on the day at or around the venue
Yeah but you didnt get into my birthday bash last week