Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:11 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Angry Absolutely Disgusted!!!

I have just read this and am 'ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED' by it!!!!

A few questions have sprung to mind....and I am hoping any Aussies or long time expats can answer them?

Does this type of attitude exist all over Australia?
What is being done to combat it?

Seriously having a think now about wether we are moving to the right country!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
I have just read this and am 'ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED' by it!!!!

A few questions have sprung to mind....and I am hoping any Aussies or long time expats can answer them?

Does this type of attitude exist all over Australia?
What is being done to combat it?

Seriously having a think now about wether we are moving to the right country!
I'm afraid to say a lot of the Aussies I've met are racially intolerant, but that does seem a bit extreme.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:19 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

What do you google to find stuff like that though.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:24 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Racial intolerance in OZ is something I was very aware of, however, I was always under the impression that it was something confined to the minority and in particular, the older generation. This incident proves my theory to be bullsxxt.....mobs of 'thousands' chasing one defenceless lebanese kid?? WTF??

Personally, racial intolerance is something that I CANNOT stand by/ witness without feeling the need to intervene! Am I asking for trouble by moving to Oz?

I understand that a lot of immigrants point blank refuse to adapt to their new countries culture - thus inciting hatred from the natives. Shouldn't the government be seen to be addressing this? Doesn't appear that it is seen as much of a problem in Oz...?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
What do you google to find stuff like that though.
Want me to be honest??

I was trying to find out if the chicks go topless on the beaches down under...so typed in 'beach etiquette'....

PMSL

Wish I hadn't bothered now and still dont have the answer to my original question!!!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It was a problem on Sydney beaches a few weeks ago, there were a few threads about it.

Not something most Aussies or even us adopted Aussies are very proud of & hopefully not something that gets dragged up on here again.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:29 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I think you need to do a bit more research on the history of all this. Lebanese gangs have been causing havoc fo years, sometimes in very barbaric ways. I do not condone violence from anybody regardless of who they are, but before shooting from the hip read a bit of history. I was totally ignorant of all this until the last few weeks, and i have been shocked at how many white Australians i have sopken to who have been beaten to a pulp or attacked by these gangs. In my opinion, the police and politicians lack of action and soft policing over a long period of time has helped fuel all this.
I had a taste of it myself on christmas day too. Was violently threatened.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:30 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe Australia is just playing catch-up with the UK? - Bradford riots couple of years ago? - Ireland Protestant v Catholic for years - football matches, seemingly every time certain clubs meet. People in glass houses.........
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:31 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Want me to be honest??

I was trying to find out if the chicks go topless on the beaches down under...so typed in 'beach etiquette'....

PMSL

Wish I hadn't bothered now and still dont have the answer to my original question!!!

Yes they do! my husband can vouch for it. He still has neck strain from watching them all on coogee beach christmas day
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I think you need to do a bit more research on the history of all this. Lebanese gangs have been causing havoc fo years, sometimes in very barbaric ways. I do not condone violence from anybody regardless of who they are, but before shooting from the hip read a bit of history. I was totally ignorant of all this until the last few weeks, and i have been shocked at how many white Australians i have sopken to who have been beaten to a pulp or attacked by these gangs. In my opinion, the police and politicians lack of action and soft policing over a long period of time has helped fuel all this.
I had a taste of it myself on christmas day too. Was violently threatened.
Linda....I have read the other threads posted on this and as a result had done some research also. I am aware of the Lebanese people causing trouble and also a bit of background on the history of it.
What has surprised me ( and the reason I made this post) is the seemingly complete inability by the government or local authorities to put a stop to this kind of behaviour! It should never have been allowed to get this far!!
Racial intolerance in the UK is stamped out in a second, as we all know......i am just shocked that in this day and age, people can go around behaving like this with their heads held high - shocked I tell you...

To Bordy, apologies for bringing this up again..........I really felt that the story I linked to, deserved to be read by as many 'would be immigrants' before they arrived in Oz!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:37 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Want me to be honest??

PMSL

Indeed mirror wrap round sunnys are needed
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:37 am

Racial intollerance in the UK is stamped out quickly if it is racism against non-english - if it's reverse racism the eye is certainly blind in case they become even more 'upset' that we don't understand their ways and customs
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:38 am
Account Closed

Angry Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau
Maybe Australia is just playing catch-up with the UK? - Bradford riots couple of years ago? - Ireland Protestant v Catholic for years - football matches, seemingly every time certain clubs meet. People in glass houses.........
People in glass houses????

WTF are you on about!!!????

I really hope that you weren't insinuating that I was racist?

I AM NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN and NEVER WILL BE racist!!!! IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!!

May I suggest you choose your words more carefully?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Yes they do! my husband can vouch for it. He still has neck strain from watching them all on coogee beach christmas day
Cool!!!!

Thanx Linda...cheered me up!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:40 am

I doubt you were at bradford or are an Irish Catholic and Protestant and also assume you are not a fan of every football team at all times so you can fight with everyone - don't be so quick to jump on generalisations - it makes you seem aggressive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.