Wikiposts

absent parents

Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Angry absent parents

Why is it absent parents can try to F@#K up your life??

My wife and I are both second time around, her ex has not seen kids for over 4 years and my ex has not seen my child for over two years, and neither has paid a penny towards their upbringing. Yet they still think they can block us from going to Australia :curse::curse:.

All the children want to go to Australia, not one of them has even made the slightest hint that they would miss the absent parent. Yet we have to go through an ugly court process now.

We applied for our 175 visa earlier this month, but what happens if the court case goes on too long??? you see I'm 45 in 18 months. I really worried all of our families dreams could be shattered
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: absent parents

Originally Posted by edie209

My wife and I are both second time around, her ex has not seen kids for over 4 years and my ex has not seen my child for over two years, and neither has paid a penny towards their upbringing. Yet they still think they can block us from going to Australia :curse::curse:.

All the children want to go to Australia, not one of them has even made the slightest hint that they would miss the absent parent. Yet we have to go through an ugly court process now.

We applied for our 175 visa earlier this month, but what happens if the court case goes on too long??? you see I'm 45 in 18 months. I really worried all of our families dreams could be shattered
Hi,
What a nightmare for you all. I'm sorry I can't help, but I can wish you lots of luck.
I hope it works out well for you.
I've read some threads on here of other people who have gone through a similar situation, so you're not alone.
Good Luck
Kate
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:32 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We applied for our 175 visa earlier this month, but what happens if the court case goes on too long??? you see I'm 45 in 18 months.
I'm pretty certain that it's just the age at the time of the application that's important. So once that application is in then it doesn't matter when you turn 45. So you can rest easy about that If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

I think that sucks what you guys are going through. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you the process doesn't take too long.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies guys feeling stronger again today after having a long conversation with the children last night we are all wanting exactly the same outcome, which is good.

I'm pretty certain that it's just the age at the time of the application that's important. So once that application is in then it doesn't matter when you turn 45. So you can rest easy about that If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.
I thought this was the case but you know how it is needing to hear someone else say the same thing
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

I really feel for you - sorry I have no advice to offer but stay strong, and take one day at a time and I'm sure you'll get through it. I would find out for sure if OP's comments on age at time of applying is what is taken into consideration then at least that's one less thing to worry about.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies guys feeling stronger again today after having a long conversation with the children last night we are all wanting exactly the same outcome, which is good.

I thought this was the case but you know how it is needing to hear someone else say the same thing
How old are the kids. We went though exaxtly the same thing, I have 2 boys from a previous marriage. Split when youngest was 7 months old. He saw them on and off over the years, not a penny of child support. Decided to take us to court when we applied for Oz, even though he hadn't seen them for 2 years. My oldest was 13 and the youngest was 10. They listened to the children - we had to have a CAFCASS officer from the court and welfare - she interviewed the children. We had to evidence to the court that we could support the children financially, show evidence of the schools we had looked at, basically we contacted schools near where we wanted to go and recieved a brochure. Had a 2 day hearing cos my w*nker of an ex had a barrister - so we had to have one too - cost us 5K but got the right to leave the country. it is very stressful but the courts do listen to the children and what they want - the kids are their priority. Also interesting to listen to the crap these absent parents come out with in court - ours said I suffered from 'parent alienation syndrome'!!!! More appropriate would have been couldnt keep it in his pants and didnt want responsibility for 2 children syndrome!!! He basically wanted contact when they got older and didnt need looking after as much. He was also violent on occasions over the years, which my children remembered.

It is a long, painful, expensive process, but one that, unfortunately, you have to go through to get your visa.

Good luck to you
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:14 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

sorry cant give any advice. Just want to say all the best, got everything crossed for you. Keep your chin up.

Joexx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Sorry can't help you either, but please don't let them lose site of your dream. There is always someone to put the spanner in the works. But you know what stay strong, rise above them and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Good Luck,

Croc
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:43 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best from me too, I truly hope it all works out for you and your kids
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Goes with the territory a lot of the time I'm afraid. Depending on the age of the kids CAFCASS will want to talk to them, and the lack of contact will be taken into account, as will the fact the kids want to go.

Crack on with the court case asap as the sooner you get that over with the less it can hold you up.

Good luck
Niki
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for our 175 visa earlier this month, but what happens if the court case goes on too long??? you see I'm 45 in 18 months.
Child custody criteria do not need to be met at time of application - only at time of decision.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Once again thanks everyone for the good wishes, we have just finished our statement, just a case of going through it again tomorrow with a fresh set of eyes, then the 12 week wait.