Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

About to send it off...

About to send it off...

Old Oct 26th 2002, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About to send it off...

My wife and I are just about to send off our application for PR on Tuesday. We have checked, double-checked and checked it again.

Any suggestions on anything we might have overlooked?

Cheers
Karl.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 11:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to send it off...

Originally posted by karlos
My wife and I are just about to send off our application for PR on Tuesday. We have checked, double-checked and checked it again.

Any suggestions on anything we might have overlooked?
Karl,

Would be more than happy to double check your documents for you, if you listed them out here. Otherwise, I'm sure you've looked at your Part J (supposing you're applying for a Skilled visa using Form 47SK).

You gave no details at all about your application, so it's going to be pretty difficult to render any assistance to you without giving you a reproduction of Part J (if applicable).

Peter
Old Oct 26th 2002, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the offer. We are applying under skilled migration category. I’ve reviewed part J and included all the relevant documents (I think):-

Original skills assessment for my wife and I
Employment reference letters for my wife and I (for the last 7 years)
Certified copies of birth certificates and passports (proof of age)
Proof of English Language (certified copies of qualifications from English school college and universities)
Mine and my wife’s CV’s
Proof of specific work experience (covered in reference employment reference letters)
Proof that spouse satisfies basic requirements (her skills assessment, work experience reference letters, and English qualifications).
Passport photos
Marriage certificates

I had my skills assessed by IEAust and TRA. I’m applying under my engineering qualifications, but have included the assessment from TRA (seen as I’ve paid for it now!).

We have sectioned the application and written a covering letter including contents page.

I guess I’m just a little bit nervous about sending it off after all the work we have put into obtaining everything (in case I’m missing the blaringly obvious).

Cheers
Karl.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 3:59 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Original skills assessment for my wife and I
Employment reference letters for my wife and I (for the last 7 years)
Certified copies of birth certificates and passports (proof of age)
Proof of English Language (certified copies of qualifications from English school college and universities)
Mine and my wife’s CV’s
Proof of specific work experience (covered in reference employment reference letters)
Proof that spouse satisfies basic requirements (her skills assessment, work experience reference letters, and English qualifications).
Passport photos
Marriage certificates
You seem to have everything covered.

Just a quick note: you'll have to include all the documents that you sent to IEAust and/or TRA to DIMIA, and the same applies to your wife's skills assessment documents as well. I'm not sure what good sending both skills assessments will do, as you can only nominate one occupation on the SOL - preferrably the one that gives you the higher combination of points: skills (max: 60) and specific work experience (max: 10 for relevant experience in the past 3 out of 4 years).

Also, just to be sure, the italicized points above should be the certified copies instead of the originals.

HTH

Peter
Old Oct 26th 2002, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Peter,

I know the TRA won’t count for anything, but I don’t know what else to do with it!! I applied to IEAust first and was initially rejected under the Sydney accord. I have trade qualifications as well, so I sent these of to TRA. In the mean time, my quals were accepted under Sydney accord (after some dialogue with the engineering council UK). About a week later TRA came back with a positive assessment for my Fitter qualifications.

I got 60 for both, but my work experience is with my engineering qualifications so I’m applying under that. I thought I’d include the TRA assessment as well.

Thanks for the advice. I noticed you say to send certified copies of employment reference letters. Why shouldn’t I send the originals?

Many thanks for your advice.
Karl.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 4:59 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Thanks for the advice. I noticed you say to send certified copies of employment reference letters. Why shouldn’t I send the originals?
Karl,

DIMIA never asks for originals, except these documents:
1) photographs (for obvious reasons)
2) Skills assessment reports
3) Medical and X-ray reports
4) Police clearance certificates

If you send originals, do not expect them to be returned. There's no guarantee that DIMIA will not lose any of these documents, and if you send the originals and if they do lose them, you may not be able to re-produce them quickly enough.

Peter
Old Oct 26th 2002, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Peter,

I'll take your advice. We should be able to send it off on Tuesday and forget about it for a few months.

Cheers
Karl.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 5:59 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

We should be able to send it off on Tuesday and forget about it for a few months.
Judging by the lack of movement for Skilled Independent applications at Adelaide, a few months may turn out to be many months... sigh

Peter