Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

About to book a flight Manchester to Perth

About to book a flight Manchester to Perth

Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:26 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default About to book a flight Manchester to Perth

We are about to book our ONE-WAY flights Manchester to Perth. I have read through previous threads about flights and offers, but obviously these are time sensitive. So as of now, does anyone know a reason why we should choose one airline over another. Dont worry about the seating, we have an 18 month old, so the front row, or extra legroom, should be a formality.

Help and advice from those who have made the trip very recently, would be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About to book a flight Manchester to Perth

Originally posted by sandradee
We are about to book our ONE-WAY flights Manchester to Perth. I have read through previous threads about flights and offers, but obviously these are time sensitive. So as of now, does anyone know a reason why we should choose one airline over another. Dont worry about the seating, we have an 18 month old, so the front row, or extra legroom, should be a formality.

Help and advice from those who have made the trip very recently, would be greatly appreciated
I don't think Iraqi airlines are flying the Manchester Perth route. The top 2 airlines recommended here seem to be Cathay and Singapore followed by Malaysian and Emirates. Personally I feel safer in the air than on the drive to the airport, especially after the drinks trolley.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:36 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that, I am more interested in increased baggage allowance etc. rather than the best airline. We flew Emirates last time and they were excellent.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, I am more interested in increased baggage allowance etc. rather than the best airline. We flew Emirates last time and they were excellent.
For the most baggage going via the US with 2 bags up to 32kg per bag will give you the biggest allowance. Singapore and Cathay offer 40 kg allowances to unvalidated migrant visa holders. Not sure about the others.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going through our house sale at the moment, but don't know a completion date, and even then they are not always acurate. does any one know how and when we should book flights

Steph
Old Apr 12th 2004, 10:20 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

If you contact the airline you're flying with and fax them a copy of your visa label you can get extra luggage allowance that way. Do a search on here loads of people have done it.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sandradee

I flew from Manchester airport last September and used Singapore airlines, one way. With my visa I was allowed 40 kg but the scales I used to weigh my luggage were wrong and when I got to the airport it weighed 49 kg ( it may have gained weight as I travelled south from Newcastle).

But there was not a problem thank God, no surcharge.

Keel
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:12 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I need this question answering too. I have been on Emirates site and it says 20kg per person in economy, although it doesnt seem to mention emigrating allowances. Yet other people seem to suggest 40kg per person..........anybody got the definitive answer or can point us in the right direction.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to approach the airline itself if you want the migrant baggage allowance. Its not something they publicise on websites etc though travel agents should know about it. E-mail or ring the customer services at the airline - even if the travel agent says its OK I would still check, as its what is on the airline computer at check-in that matters.
It will need to be an unused permanent migrant visa in order to get it, and on a one-way ticket.