Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

About to attend Citizenship Ceremony -advice required-what UK entitlements do we lose

About to attend Citizenship Ceremony -advice required-what UK entitlements do we lose

Old Aug 9th 2014, 1:43 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to attend Citizenship Ceremony -advice required-what UK entitlements do we

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
How do you go about that paulry? It is something I have been meaning to get around to for a while.
About half way down the page on this link is the telephone number to request your pension statement. Once you have that, the pension statement will provide the number you need to call to apply to make voluntary contributions. They will then send a form for you to fill in or you can get it from the link stated on the pension statement where you pretty much provide direct debit details for automatically making six monthly payments from here onwards. A couple a weeks later you'll get a letter stating that it's been accepted and a statement for how much it'll cost should you want to top up the missing years since you moved to Australia. I think you arrived here in late 2010 (about the same time as me) and my top up amount for those missing years until now is 730 pounds. Worth paying, imo.