British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ABERDEEN Meet ~ April (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/aberdeen-meet-%7E-april-287764/)

BillnLinz Mar 3rd 2005 6:56 pm

ABERDEEN Meet ~ April

Hello and how you all going?

Whats the thoughts on another meet in Aberdeen sometime in April?
Maybe on a Saturday afternoon with a few beers at night?

Lets get a thread going and see what the feedback is.

Bill :p

leezo Mar 3rd 2005 7:54 pm

Re: ABERDEEN Meet ~ April

Would love to but we will be sunning ourselves in Sunny Perth, although make it Saturday 30th April & will show off our tans...

Denise & Lee

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Hello and how you all going?

Whats the thoughts on another meet in Aberdeen sometime in April?
Maybe on a Saturday afternoon with a few beers at night?

Lets get a thread going and see what the feedback is.

Bill :p

BillnLinz Mar 3rd 2005 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by leezo
Would love to but we will be sunning ourselves in Sunny Perth, although make it Saturday 30th April & will show off our tans...

Denise & Lee

I actually thought you guys were away just now!!
Well it might just be that weekend, we shall just go with the flow and see what the concensus is, not much feedback tonight though!!

Did you get your meds done?

Bill

leezo Mar 4th 2005 6:50 am

Not yet, got the Police Checks out of the way though, Meds yet to be done - waiting for paperwork from Agent. Still have no acknowledgement from DIMIA that they received our application so we are hoping it has not gone astray since it was signed for (we know the courier delivered it).

That weekend we would have greatful grandparents to babysit cos they wont have seen him for 4 weeks.

Denise

I actually thought you guys were away just now!!
Well it might just be that weekend, we shall just go with the flow and see what the concensus is, not much feedback tonight though!!

Did you get your meds done?

Bill

BillnLinz Mar 4th 2005 8:15 am

Not yet, got the Police Checks out of the way though, Meds yet to be done - waiting for paperwork from Agent. Still have no acknowledgement from DIMIA that they received our application so we are hoping it has not gone astray since it was signed for (we know the courier delivered it).

That weekend we would have greatful grandparents to babysit cos they wont have seen him for 4 weeks.

Denise

Have sent you an e-mail

Bill ;)

Judes2308 Mar 4th 2005 12:36 pm

Hi

We'd be up for it ! Heading to Geelong, Melbourne in October so would be nice to see how fellow Aberdonians are getting on.

My husband works offshore, two weeks on, two weeks off, but if he's here we'll come along.

Judy (& Ronnie)

BillnLinz Mar 4th 2005 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Judes2308
Hi

We'd be up for it ! Heading to Geelong, Melbourne in October so would be nice to see how fellow Aberdonians are getting on.

My husband works offshore, two weeks on, two weeks off, but if he's here we'll come along.

Judy (& Ronnie)

Hi Judy

Will keep in touch about the where and when.
Have you got your visa yet?

Bill

BillnLinz Mar 4th 2005 4:20 pm

Hi

Judy (& Ronnie)

Hi Judy

Will keep in touch about the where and when.
Have you got your visa yet? How far along the road are you?

Bill

windaelicker Mar 4th 2005 6:59 pm

Hello again bill and liz

The 30th suits me if im still here as im home on th 28th (me and brians birthday).

If the visa comes in sooner though were off.

See you later

G

BillnLinz Mar 4th 2005 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by windaelicker
Hello again bill and liz

The 30th suits me if im still here as im home on th 28th (me and brians birthday).

If the visa comes in sooner though were off.

See you later

G

Heres hoping that you cannae manage!!

Come on the visa's ;)

Bill :beer: (on the guinness tonight!!)

leezo Mar 4th 2005 7:51 pm

Would love for your visa's to come through, but also would love for you to make a meet up for your birthdays before you leave... If not, have a great time & look forward to seeing u all in Oz.

Denise & Lee

Heres hoping that you cannae manage!!

Come on the visa's ;)

Bill :beer: (on the guinness tonight!!)

bcl74 Mar 4th 2005 9:01 pm

Hi all,
30th sounds good to me, looking forward to some nice cold millers, will come up on the train next time so my darling wife can have a shandy

Brian :beer: :beer:

BillnLinz Mar 4th 2005 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by bcl74
Hi all,
30th sounds good to me, looking forward to some nice cold millers, will come up on the train next time so my darling wife can have a shandy

Fit like Brian

You were getting missed, thought you were offshore, we'l try and make the next one an all day sesh, meet in the afternoon and a shin dig at night, so get your hand in your pocket and get a room booked and treat the wife!! ;)

Bill :beer: :beer:

bcl74 Mar 4th 2005 9:17 pm

come on now bill, im a fifer, every penny is a prisoner LOL

Brian :beer:

bcl74 Mar 4th 2005 9:20 pm

Me again,

Done that a few months ago, stayed in the aberdeen city hotel for 1 night with first class railfare and was only £80, could be a plan!!

Didnaeseeu Mar 4th 2005 9:29 pm

Hi Bill

We should make it for the end April. Will check on here to see where and when. Hope to see everyone there (wherever it may be)!!

VB's are on you since your organising it!!!! :D

Cheers :beer:

BillnLinz Mar 5th 2005 4:05 pm

Just checked with the wife (which i should have done in the first place!!) and cant manage the end of April!! :o

So I'm going to throw a date in the ring 14th of May

Hope it fits in with everybody. :confused:

Bill :D

leezo Mar 5th 2005 4:09 pm

[QUOTE=BillnLinz]Just checked with the wife (which i should have done in the first place!!) and cant manage the end of April!! :o

So I'm going to throw a date in the ring 14th of May

Hope it fits in with everybody. :confused:

Bill :see what happens when you go making decisions without her indoors :D but never mind any date after our hols will be fine.

Lee
:beer: :beer: :beer:

BillnLinz Mar 5th 2005 4:15 pm

Fit like Lee

Just cannae be trusted!! :confused:

Did you get the Pcc's sorted? I did send you a message to your AOL address

Bill

bcl74 Mar 6th 2005 6:11 am

Hi Bill,

sorry but I will be offshore then so count us out, hope to make the next one

Judes2308 Mar 7th 2005 11:53 am

Hi Bill

Yes, we got our SIR visa in January but not planning on heading out until October (work committments etc). Did you just get your visa granted today?? If so CONGRATULATIONS !! :)

Unfortunately 14th May won't be good for us but I'll keep checking in case it changes.

Judy

BillnLinz Mar 10th 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Bill

Yes, we got our SIR visa in January but not planning on heading out until October (work committments etc). Did you just get your visa granted today?? If so CONGRATULATIONS !! :)

Unfortunately 14th May won't be good for us but I'll keep checking in case it changes.

Judy

I think the date will change, try and suit everyone if we can.

I'm sure the thread will be on the go again soon..... :confused:

Bill

leezo Mar 11th 2005 6:44 am

Maybe the end of May, that will hopefully catch everybody with Visa's heading out in June/July (you know who you are!)

Denise & Lee

I think the date will change, try and suit everyone if we can.

I'm sure the thread will be on the go again soon..... :confused:

Bill

Bigmo&co Mar 11th 2005 9:08 am

Hi, We will hopefully be in Oz, but if not we will be there might even stay over.
Must make sure the date suits the boys from Arbroath after all they are entertainment on their own.... Dont take offence boys pleeeeease.

Elaine

bcl74 Mar 11th 2005 10:28 am

Dont know what you mean Elaine but Ill take it as a compliment, end of may would suit me and most likely garry(if he is still here)

windaelicker Mar 11th 2005 10:38 am

hello all

And we were relatively sober you should see us when we had had too much shandy :beer: :beer: :beer: and one more for good luck :beer:

See u all later

G

windaelicker Mar 11th 2005 10:41 am

How come u have a blue square Brian and i dont

I want one!!

G

BillnLinz Mar 13th 2005 9:50 pm

So come on then, when is everyone planning on leaving sunny Scotland???

We are looking at the end of June beginning of July :scared:

Whats the jackanory?? :confused:

Bill :rolleyes:

bcl74 Mar 14th 2005 10:25 am

Hi all,

hopefully we will be leaving in June sometime, havent heard about the visa yet but the house is up for sale (had lots of viewers and its only been on for 5 days) so hopefully we will sell without too much hassle. had our police checks and medicals done in antiscipation so all we wait on is the requests etc

Brian(the guid lookin wan) :beer: :beer:

BillnLinz Mar 14th 2005 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by bcl74
Hi all,

hopefully we will be leaving in June sometime, havent heard about the visa yet but the house is up for sale (had lots of viewers and its only been on for 5 days) so hopefully we will sell without too much hassle. had our police checks and medicals done in antiscipation so all we wait on is the requests etc

Brian(the guid lookin wan) :beer: :beer:

Nice one Brian, good luck with the house sale!!

We'll hopefully get a night out sorted before yous go.

Biil

Judes2308 Mar 15th 2005 4:06 pm

Any firm dates yet then ?

Judy

Atticus Mar 15th 2005 7:38 pm

Hi guys

First of all congratulations to Bill & Linz absolutely fantastic news, very pleased for you.

We havent been on for a while - things are a bit hectic organising things, selling the business the usual will try and make the next meet but not promising anything. Would definitely be good to catch up with everyone again.

regards

atticus

BillnLinz Mar 15th 2005 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi guys

First of all congratulations to Bill & Linz absolutely fantastic news, very pleased for you.

We havent been on for a while - things are a bit hectic organising things, selling the business the usual will try and make the next meet but not promising anything. Would definitely be good to catch up with everyone again.

regards

atticus

Cheers Atticus

Just waiting for the passport requests so it makes it a bit more real than a phone call!!

Hope everything is going smoothly your end. :scared:

Hopefully we can have a get together before we all go but it may be easier to organise it in Brissy!!

Bill

leezo Mar 15th 2005 8:26 pm

Oh no, we wont make it to Brisbane!

Denise

Cheers Atticus

Just waiting for the passport requests so it makes it a bit more real than a phone call!!

Hope everything is going smoothly your end. :scared:

Hopefully we can have a get together before we all go but it may be easier to organise it in Brissy!!

Bill

Didnaeseeu Mar 15th 2005 8:57 pm

Oh no, we wont make it to Brisbane!

Denise

Dont worry denise we are also going to other side WA, so lets just say we'll meet them half way. :scared:

On top of 'Uluru' armed with a bag of 'rowies' for an early breakfast!!! :D Do you know if you can Barbeque them!!! :p

Cheers

leezo Mar 17th 2005 7:04 am

Would imagine you could, will check with Lee cos he barbeque's everything including sausage rolls...

Originally Posted by Didnaeseeu
Dont worry denise we are also going to other side WA, so lets just say we'll meet them half way. :scared:

On top of 'Uluru' armed with a bag of 'rowies' for an early breakfast!!! :D Do you know if you can Barbeque them!!! :p

Cheers

BillnLinz Mar 17th 2005 9:28 am

Dont know about bbq-ing butteries, give me a nice kangaroo steak any day!! ;)

Bigmo&co Mar 22nd 2005 7:29 am

Hi Guys,

We wont manage the next meet, our flights are booked for the 21st April but hope you all get to your destinations soon and I take this opportunity to welcome any of you over to Melbourne.
It is a great feeling when the visa arrives but the initial kick is when you book the packers and book the flights. There is so much to do and not enough hours in the day.

Good luck

Brian & Elaine

BillnLinz Mar 31st 2005 8:51 pm

Hi all

We have all been very quiet lately, just thought i'd get the thread going again and see what your all up to :confused:

We have a closing date on the house for 12.00 Friday the 1st april, fingers crossed :scared:

Are we going to get a meet organised or not???

Bill :D

Judes2308 Apr 1st 2005 7:18 am

Hi

We've booked our flights.......5th October to Melbourne. Seems like ages away but as my list of things to do is getting longer by the day we'll probably need as much time as we can, but will probably still be rushing towards the end.

Fingers crossed you get a good offer for your house today. We're just going to rent ours out.

Definitely up for a meet, would be great to share experiences. We'll try and fit in with everyone else, but Ronnie works a 2 week on/2 week off rota offshore and has just gone away today.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what dates come up.

Judy