Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Abbey Bank - Advising Now in Australia???

Abbey Bank - Advising Now in Australia???

Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:52 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abbey Bank - Advising Now in Australia???

The kids I speak to at Abbey like to take the p*** by keeping me on hold for ages and then asking me to 'visit my local branch' whenever I ask for something.

Plus several times they have written to my mother regarding suspicious overseas (Australia) activity on my account. I can tell them a million times where I am but they still don't get it.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Abbey Bank - Advising Now in Australia???

Originally Posted by theelliotts
Hi - Many thanks. No problems with moving the money from the Esaver account as it will be paid to OzForex into their UK account (we've done this before we left with absolutely no trouble (large amount) and it has been set up as a payment to their Barclays account).

The interest rates here are around 8.15% as a rough guide. Best to keep an eye on the exchange rates (as if you aren't already!) as the news out here today is that the banks are starting to feel the credit crunch and their share values have also been significantly affected.

Once again, many thanks on the Abbey info. Will get into gear and try and get this and the HRMC sorted out - as well as tax returns here - all good fun!!

Good luck with your move - where are you moving to?
Hi theelliots,

Thanks for info on interest rates, we are keeping a real close eye on exchange rates. Its so hard to know what to do for the best. We are hoping to head for Townsville. Flights booked for the 23rd, stress levels at all time high. But can't wait until we land, sure this is a normal feeling and once we are settled will look back a laugh. I HOPE!