Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aaaaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:57 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road
Angry Aaaaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wait is KILLING me!

We seem to have everything sorted - all checks done, medicals sorted and sent, assurer been to Centerlink etc etc.

They reckon it will be up to 8 weeks after medicals are sent to finally approve our visas. It's doing my nut in and I'm really started to get annoyed with whole country and life here now seems SO boring knowing what's in store.

I reckon we've only got about 6 weeks to wait until we get the approval, and maybe move in 8-10. It's this final stretch that is seriously doing my head in, SO PLEASE - if anyone can offer words of help/wisdom/keep in there type thing/know what you're going through etc etc, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Yours annoyingly, aching to leave this godforsaken place.

Uncle Chris
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:06 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaaaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by djdutts
The wait is KILLING me!

We seem to have everything sorted - all checks done, medicals sorted and sent, assurer been to Centerlink etc etc.

They reckon it will be up to 8 weeks after medicals are sent to finally approve our visas. It's doing my nut in and I'm really started to get annoyed with whole country and life here now seems SO boring knowing what's in store.

I reckon we've only got about 6 weeks to wait until we get the approval, and maybe move in 8-10. It's this final stretch that is seriously doing my head in, SO PLEASE - if anyone can offer words of help/wisdom/keep in there type thing/know what you're going through etc etc, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Uncle Chris
At least you have a time scale in mind!.

We would like to go now too but we can't move until the house sells. This for us has been the most frustrating part. Waiting for a visa was a doddle! It might be 8-10 months for us let alone the 8-10 weeks that you are hoping for! (Bet that makes you feel better!)

Keep thinking positive thoughts about your new life and I hope it all happens sooner than you think!

Good luck

Binbird
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:10 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by binbird

We would like to go now too but we can't move until the house sells. This for us has been the most frustrating part. Waiting for a visa was a doddle! It might be 8-10 months for us let alone the 8-10 weeks that you are hoping for! (Bet that makes you feel better!)

Keep thinking positive thoughts about your new life and I hope it all happens sooner than you think!

Good luck

Binbird
Ditto - visa was a breeze - house sale is the arse!

So nearly there now - just wish my solicitor would pull his finger out! Found out today that he's been sitting on some paperwork for a week - a whole bloody week - grrrrr

Still - have reserved our flights today - so not all bad.

Just hope it stops raining so that I can go out tonight after work for a tennis match

Rob
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

The wait is KILLING me!

Uncle Chris
Dear Uncle Chris,
Many of us here have been through a tough, frustrating time with our visa application. Some of us lucky ones are here in Aus, while others continue to wait. But those of us who are here remember what it was like - bloody awful, as well as exciting.
Hopefully the remainder of your wait will be trouble free - some of us have been through the s*** (I had my medicals lost), but come out the other side - where you will be very soon.
Remember you will have LOTS to do - so crack on!!

Cousin Cas
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Leaver is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by binbird

Good luck

Binbird
How long as your house been on the market? We're in a similar position and I don't know whether to drop the price or hang on.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:06 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

The wait is KILLING me!

Uncle Chris

Uncle Chris,

I know that feeling well.

My / our visa came 1 year ago & I only have at least another year to wait for my wife :scared:

I know your feelings of angst, depression & get me outa here!

Be reasured in knowing that you will be ther before me, soaking up the sun, bear & good life. Keep looking forward not back & it will come!

Bye'for now.
Mark
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Alan101 is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in the same position just a few weeks ago,we had meds done and just needed our assurer to put the bond in at centrelink. He had however neglected to tell us that he could not assure us as he had not paid any tax in Australia despite being resident for the past 6 years and having wife any kids living in Australia (he worked in Saudi).
He broke the news to us on new years eve while we were in Brisbane watching the fireworks, we had already paid a deposit on land. I still dont know how I did'nt dump the dummy in the river.
We have had to start from square one. Mentally I had already left my job and this cold dark country and was looking forward to our new lives in Australia. To have to start over again took us a couple of weeks to get our heads around but by the time we flew back to the UK or is it the YUK we had already filled in forms to re-apply under the 136 class. Even after the 24 hour flight our first stop was the registry office to get the birth certs again .Even though we have had a long running battle trying to get into Oz we still love the place and will keep on trying until we get there. Were are you hoping to go once you get the visa ?

Hope you don't have to wait too long and have a more reliable sponsor than us (the Ba***rd)

The wait is KILLING me!

Uncle Chris
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:52 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leaver
How long as your house been on the market? We're in a similar position and I don't know whether to drop the price or hang on.
Our house has been on the market since late October. We have had lots of positive viewings but people are put off by the fact that the railway line is in a cutting beyond our back fence. So, we are just waiting for a keen trainspotter to come and buy the house!

We are not ready to drop the price yet but give us another month or so and who knows............

Good luck everyone with houses to sell. It will happen...... eventually......!

Binbird