Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AA membership...anyone with current info?

AA membership...anyone with current info?

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default AA membership...anyone with current info?

OK I've been stupid. Went to cancel membership today and realised that I am on day 16 of my renewal. 2 days outwith their renewals policy that allows me to cancel. £193 down the drain

Came on here to search and have a look and see if anyone else has had the same issue which you have. Some posters however have said that if you drive in Australia (we will be WA) and have your AA card with you that there is a reciprocal agreement and the local breakdown will cover us. Is this still the case? Anyone with up to date info as that thread did seem to be from 2005.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:44 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AA membership...anyone with current info?

Originally Posted by Kingseat
OK I've been stupid. Went to cancel membership today and realised that I am on day 16 of my renewal. 2 days outwith their renewals policy that allows me to cancel. £193 down the drain

Came on here to search and have a look and see if anyone else has had the same issue which you have. Some posters however have said that if you drive in Australia (we will be WA) and have your AA card with you that there is a reciprocal agreement and the local breakdown will cover us. Is this still the case? Anyone with up to date info as that thread did seem to be from 2005.
We transferred our U.K AA membership to RACQ [qld] membership. It ran for the remainder of the U.K policy with no extra charge. When we renewed we received a nice discount as we qualified for Silver membership.
Don't know about WA but it's worth a phone call. It may not be down the drain yet
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:08 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat

Sorry to read about that. I'm not sure if you are able to persuade them to waive their cancellation policy. Presumably they've taken the money already?

The AA telephoned me last night because my bank details were no longer valid for my annual subscription - which I wasn't planning to renew in any case because of our pending move. I was able to switch over to monthly payment and at a reduced price enabling me to cancel the subscription on 30 days notice. It will be interesting to find out if it's worth keeping it going until after I arrive in Aus - for the silver discount.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:33 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
We transferred our U.K AA membership to RACQ [qld] membership. It ran for the remainder of the U.K policy with no extra charge. When we renewed we received a nice discount as we qualified for Silver membership.
Don't know about WA but it's worth a phone call. It may not be down the drain yet
You're up late.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:35 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by cresta57
From everything I have seen, and my own experience, I agree with that.

Although mine was a number of years ago now...

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Jul 23rd 2009 at 11:38 pm.

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Oops sorry wrong thread i thought for one moment it was e thread for drinkers