Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

9 weeks today we have been here -update

9 weeks today we have been here -update

Old May 6th 2004, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Talking 9 weeks today we have been here -update

Hello all and lots of new people on here I hardly recognise anyone, so many may not remember me.

But here goes :-

We are adjusting to life here where everything happens at a snails pace.

I got a good job in the city so pretty pleased about that. Hubby got a job about 10 days after being here. We are renting a 3 bedroomed house with DLUG and master with WIR and ensuite. But don't that is posh that is just standard round here. We both bought cars I got a Toyota Camry about 11 years old and hubby got a Nissan Terrano 4x4 which is about 14 years old but that doesn't matter over here. I love that there is no status in cars or clothes here. But I do miss getting really dressed up. But there are places to go to if you want to.

Life here is different and you do get more options we where away over easter sunbathing and then this weekend it's been 24 degrees and we where up at rainbow Beach. I love things here and I hate things here but that's life in general. I don't miss things that much although a good Indian meal wouldn't go a miss or real chips and peas or beans mmmmm.

I have made quite a few friends so have a social circle mainly through hubby playing soccer.

We are enjoying it and this is home now - and happy to call it that.

C x
Old May 6th 2004, 10:44 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Carianne.

I remember the excellent posts with regards things to do. Glad to see that it is working out and that you are happy to call it home.

Just goes to show that the harbingers of doom with regards to Oz of late are not the norm.

Good luck.
Old May 6th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you Carianne
Btw - have walk in robes WIR, but what is DLUG?
"We are renting a 3 bedroomed house with DLUG and master with WIR and ensuite."
Ta!
Old May 6th 2004, 10:46 am
Very happy member !!!

bubcay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 9 weeks today we have been here -update

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hello all and lots of new people on here I hardly recognise anyone, so many may not remember me.

But here goes :-

We are adjusting to life here where everything happens at a snails pace.

I got a good job in the city so pretty pleased about that. Hubby got a job about 10 days after being here. We are renting a 3 bedroomed house with DLUG and master with WIR and ensuite. But don't that is posh that is just standard round here. We both bought cars I got a Toyota Camry about 11 years old and hubby got a Nissan Terrano 4x4 which is about 14 years old but that doesn't matter over here. I love that there is no status in cars or clothes here. But I do miss getting really dressed up. But there are places to go to if you want to.

Life here is different and you do get more options we where away over easter sunbathing and then this weekend it's been 24 degrees and we where up at rainbow Beach. I love things here and I hate things here but that's life in general. I don't miss things that much although a good Indian meal wouldn't go a miss or real chips and peas or beans mmmmm.

I have made quite a few friends so have a social circle mainly through hubby playing soccer.

We are enjoying it and this is home now - and happy to call it that.

C x
So pleased for you....

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.
Old May 6th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sweetie

Glad things are working out for you both in OZ and that you are enjoying yourselves.

Talk to you soon

Footie xxx
Old May 6th 2004, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks all Double Lock up garage !
Old May 6th 2004, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Takes a while to get used to the different estate agents speak!
Old May 6th 2004, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're enjoying it, Carrianne - & look forward to finally putting a face to the name soon!
Old May 6th 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Carrianne! Glad its all working out for you both!
I am another one of those people who in your absence used all those useful threads on what to do before you move - so thank you for making our life easier!!!

Good luck - enjoy the sun!
Old May 6th 2004, 1:23 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying your new life Carrianne.

I agree with ianj...........it's nice you haven't focussed on doom and gloom but on the "balance" of good & bad

Keep smiling.........your in Oz!

Phoenixuk2oz

Old May 6th 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Its nice to read that you are settling well in Oz.
I remember the days when we were all waiting for Visas and selling homes, and trying to get everything sorted. Seems such a long time ago now.

Good luck

Whisky
Old May 6th 2004, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

so pleased carrianne that everything has slotted into place a good reminder for all of us to remian positive

arlene
Old May 6th 2004, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear it's going well for you and hubby.

Terry
Old May 6th 2004, 9:17 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hope it all gets even better for you carianne. Keep smiling!!
Old May 6th 2004, 9:40 pm
mick n cheryl

I don't miss things that much although a good Indian meal wouldn't go a miss or real chips and peas or beans mmmmm.

C x [/QUOTE]

Hi C

If you are missing a good curry have a drive up tp Maroochydore we had 6 months down there and there is a brill curry house just next to "sizzlers" (can't remember name soz)
Its well worth a visit

Glad all going well for you all

Mick n Cheryl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.