Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

8th Feb - Boombana BBQ (MT Nebo/West Brisbane)

8th Feb - Boombana BBQ (MT Nebo/West Brisbane)

Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:22 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default 8th Feb - Boombana BBQ (MT Nebo/West Brisbane)

Thought I'd better create a formal thread for this!

Dont know if anyone else is interested, but it seems theres a few new faces around Brisbane NW lately so I figured we should try and break the ice a bit and make some friends.

This spot is fantastic - sheltered away in a clearing in the lush green rainforest at the top of Mt Nebo its usually a couple of degrees cooler here than down in the city/suburbs. I cant guarantee it, but on more than one occasion I've seen big goannas waddling around looking for scraps and colourful birdlife is abundant. Theres a short walking track through the forest (1.2km loop) and an all pervasive aroma of fresh eucalyptus.

I'll be there about 11am with my kids and will eventually light a fire in the BBQ and cook something. If you're going to come, bring something to drink and some food to cook

HOW TO GET THERE:
Car is your only option I'm afraid! From the city drive west out to The Gap along Waterworks rd (about 10-15km west of the city) and then keep going up through the beautiful Brisbane Forest park. Just before you get to Mt Nebo village (about 20km) theres a turnoff on the left to Boombana picnic area. Park up and come and say hello!

Obviously if its chucking it down with rain we'll probably postpone to another date!

Not sure if anyone is actually interested in this - but I'll be there anyway (its a nice spot). Let me know if you're interested!! If you dont have a car then let me know and if we're lucky we might be able to arrange a car-pool with someone.