7 weeks later!

Old Jun 25th 2003, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough
Default 7 weeks later!

Finally I have my computer on line and thought I would update you on our journey so far.

My brother met us at Perth Airport on Friday 9th May with the biggest smile on his face ever. Stayed overnight with him and his family and the next day bought a car and then travelled to Busselton to suprise my mum and sister. Sunday was Mothers day over here so we all went to the beach front cafe for cappuchino and cake, its been years since i was with my mum on mothers day so it was really special.

We stayed with my sister for two weeks before finding a house to rent, its not huge but its pretty new and is very clean and the garden is huge for the boys. Our stuff arrived wednesday 18th June, not bad eh. I would definitely recommend John Masons, they were excellent.

Hopefully if everything falls into place we will be buying a local cafe next week and are looking into buying another one if the price is right! So I have one more week left to enjoy the family and Busselton and the surrounding areas.

The kids have settled really well and enjoy the schools, although i do think that is probably down to the fact that they are finding the work easy after doing most of it before they came here. They have made some friends and now that they have thier bikes and stuff its like they have never been away.

All in all, life is pretty good right now and we are glad that we are here, its great being near the family again and catching up on all those lost years.

Hang on in there those that are waiting, its worth it in the end.

Jan :-)
Old Jun 25th 2003, 1:27 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 weeks later!

Well done Jan ... I'm delighted it has all worked out for you.

Best wishes.

Originally posted by springflower
Finally I have my computer on line and thought I would update you on our journey so far.

My brother met us at Perth Airport on Friday 9th May with the biggest smile on his face ever. Stayed overnight with him and his family and the next day bought a car and then travelled to Busselton to suprise my mum and sister. Sunday was Mothers day over here so we all went to the beach front cafe for cappuchino and cake, its been years since i was with my mum on mothers day so it was really special.

We stayed with my sister for two weeks before finding a house to rent, its not huge but its pretty new and is very clean and the garden is huge for the boys. Our stuff arrived wednesday 18th June, not bad eh. I would definitely recommend John Masons, they were excellent.

Hopefully if everything falls into place we will be buying a local cafe next week and are looking into buying another one if the price is right! So I have one more week left to enjoy the family and Busselton and the surrounding areas.

The kids have settled really well and enjoy the schools, although i do think that is probably down to the fact that they are finding the work easy after doing most of it before they came here. They have made some friends and now that they have thier bikes and stuff its like they have never been away.

All in all, life is pretty good right now and we are glad that we are here, its great being near the family again and catching up on all those lost years.

Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves so far!

Hubby and I are thinking of living in the Busselton/Bunbury area and would appreciate any advice and/or opinions you have about the housing, amenities, things to do, how isolated, etc. We have no kids, only two cats so we are pretty flexible.

I like your idea of a cafe, we were thinking of purchasing a small business or some rental units to manage, are we insane??? hahaha

All the best to you

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:01 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi Jan,

Really good to hear that everything is going so well for you and that your kids have settled so well ( a real worry for us parents).

I was just wondering how long it took for all your stuff to arrive from the uk? also if you don't mind could you give me a rough idea of how much it cost you?

Hope that life continues to be good to you and brace yourself for the " your still in holiday mode" brigade!!

Sally and family
Old Jun 26th 2003, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Good to hear you're having a good time so far!

Sounds like you've had better luck with John Mason's than us. Did you have a whole container or groupage? Our stuff was packed up on April 5th & we're still waiting for it turn up! The container didn't stop in Fremantle to start with, went on to Melbourne. We were told our container would be on a ship coming back but there were other containers that had been waiting longer so it didn't make it on. Have now been told it will arrive in Fremantle on July 1st - but I'm not holding my breath!! Just glad we're coping with minimalist living!

I think the main problem stemmed from the UK though, waiting for our container to be filled as we were only half full. Did you know there is a website for Fremantle and you can track when your vessel is due to arrive? Will try and find the link and post it.

Good luck with the cafe you'll have to post the name so we can all pop in for coffee on trips south!

Loopy
Old Jun 26th 2003, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

http://www.fremantleport.com.au/comm...ng/future.aspx

The link to Fremantle arrivals.

Loopy
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray, us next!!

Mash..

Old Jun 26th 2003, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi

Mash....Its great news to hear that the house sale has gone through and you are nearly there. Good luck to you and your family for the future. Hope it all goes smoothly and you settle over in Adelaide and love it!

Loopy....So sorry to hear of your news with your container. When John Masons came to pack we had an invoice with the actual date that it was leaving england and the date it was arriving in Freemantle. I guess we just dropped lucky as they loaded our container (full container) on the Wednesday and it was sailing on the Saturday. It arrived in Freemantle on the day they said it would and then took 10 days to go through at this end, so we have nothing to complain about really. Although one peice of furniture has been damaged but hopefully the insurance will sort that out for me.

Sally.... We had a 20ft container and it cost just over £3000 + insurance. It left england on the 10th May and arrived in Freemantle on the 6th June, pretty quick really. The packers were brilliant, like a whirlwind, so long as they had plenty cups of coffee they were ok! As for being in holiday mode, well we did that three years ago and now its just back to normal but in different surroundings and much better weather too even if it is winter here. Although I must point out that for the last two days it has been very windy and rainy so its not much different to being back home :-) Good luck to you and your family for the future.

Wannabe wallaby....ask me if you are insane in a few months time! If i can be of any help just let me know, either pm me or email i dont mind. What made you decide on Bunbury/Busselton, do you have family over here? We come from Scarborough which is pretty smallish coastal town so Busselton to us is very much the same without all the 'trashy' bits as i call them :-) Bunbury is much bigger with all the shops and attractions. It all depends what you want out of life really. If we need a shopping spree it only takes around 30 mins to get to Bunbury anyway but Busselton has most things anyway, its just an excuse for us ladies to have a day out and a cappuchino! How far have you got with your visa? Good luck to you both, the waiting is the hardest bit.

Has anyone heard from Brox recently? Would love to know how they are.

Cheers for now