Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

7 weeks here and......

7 weeks here and......

Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 weeks here and......

.....We are loving it!!

Just thought I'd post to say how we've been getting on, just got back on-line...thank god! The first few weeks are of course very busy and a bit stressful, we had no idea of where we wanted to settle so had a huge list of areas to look at. We had a 5 week stay on Main beach and just looked around from there. We came very close to moving to Cleveland "which is lovely"...... but we came here to be close to the beach so just hoped we'd find another area that we would fall in love with... and we have after along time looking we've settled in Currumbin Waters its a really nice here got the beach 5 mins away, a good choice of schools, has local shopping centre and 15mins in the car Robina and Pacific Pine shopping centre for the big shop

Getting a rental was a bit of a nightmare as they tend to do block viewings one house that we went to see had 20 cars outside. We was really lucky with the place we have rented, had a call from real estate went straight to it and said yes there and then offered 6 months rent up front and got it.

We've been looking at schools today and once we've made up our minds the kids should be in school on Monday if anyone else is here and has a school to recommend that would be great

We have found the people friendly and helpful, the weather is great...all in all we're enjoying the whole experience so far....even my daughter is starting to settle and she really didn't want to come.

If anyone wants any info just let me know and I'll try to help.

Sue x post some photos soon
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:08 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 weeks here and......

Originally Posted by Sue2
.....We are loving it!!

Just thought I'd post to say how we've been getting on, just got back on-line...thank god! The first few weeks are of course very busy and a bit stressful, we had no idea of where we wanted to settle so had a huge list of areas to look at. We had a 5 week stay on Main beach and just looked around from there. We came very close to moving to Cleveland "which is lovely"...... but we came here to be close to the beach so just hoped we'd find another area that we would fall in love with... and we have after along time looking we've settled in Currumbin Waters its a really nice here got the beach 5 mins away, a good choice of schools, has local shopping centre and 15mins in the car Robina and Pacific Pine shopping centre for the big shop

Getting a rental was a bit of a nightmare as they tend to do block viewings one house that we went to see had 20 cars outside. We was really lucky with the place we have rented, had a call from real estate went straight to it and said yes there and then offered 6 months rent up front and got it.

We've been looking at schools today and once we've made up our minds the kids should be in school on Monday if anyone else is here and has a school to recommend that would be great

We have found the people friendly and helpful, the weather is great...all in all we're enjoying the whole experience so far....even my daughter is starting to settle and she really didn't want to come.

Mate, it's really good to hear from you...I was wondering how you were getting on!!!

Glad all's going well....can't wait to see some piccies...

D D xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough

.....We are loving it!!

Great news.
Glad to here you are enjoying it.
It makes it so much easier when the kids are happy.
The people are really friendly - we all noticed that too
and the weather is beautiful here,only regret is wish we'd done it sooner.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy glad to see your back online,just got in myself and got your message we re all ok,house hunting,been to see absolutely loades and the more the see the more confusing it gets,lol.

howws the job front with you guys?

must pop over and see you ,will give you a ring to organise it

we re having a get together at wellington point on thursday if you fancy coming up,i know its quite a way but if fancy making a day of,it can be sorted

tracey
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:14 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Great news that you are settling nicely !! The first few weeks a really just a blur arent they? there is so much to do and organise
keep us all updated on how you are getting on and send some piccies
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:15 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynne & steve
and the weather is beautiful here,only regret is wish we'd done it sooner.

Couldnt agree more
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys ... the first few weeks are a total blur, but I must admit not as bad as I thought it would be with 2 kids....I highly recommend car DVD players keeps them quiet for hours

Hiya T ...we'll have to sort out a weekend to get together cant make this Thurs off to Oz zoo for the day, meeting John & Netta up there. How was Sunshine? hope you had a nice time. We had a good time in Sydney meet up with a friend from the UK which was nice....Chris got very drunk

Chris is going to start to look for work this week, that firm still want him to work for them but have said that he's still not needed for the next few weeks...can't hang on forever.

Sue x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

sunshine coast was gorgeous we liked moloolaba,it was anice day out.we went to the australia zoo with rich and angie on sunday,it was a nice day out,but a bit crowded at the weekend,i think you ll be better off in the week,we went to currumbin wildlife sanctuary the other week,think it was the weekend you moved into your house and ive got to say we enjoyed that more say hi to john and netta for me,how are they getting on?

tracey
Thanks guys ... the first few weeks are a total blur, but I must admit not as bad as I thought it would be with 2 kids....I highly recommend car DVD players keeps them quiet for hours

Hiya T ...we'll have to sort out a weekend to get together cant make this Thurs off to Oz zoo for the day, meeting John & Netta up there. How was Sunshine? hope you had a nice time. We had a good time in Sydney meet up with a friend from the UK which was nice....Chris got very drunk

Chris is going to start to look for work this week, that firm still want him to work for them but have said that he's still not needed for the next few weeks...can't hang on forever.

Sue x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scissors
sunshine coast was gorgeous we liked moloolaba,it was anice day out.we went to the australia zoo with rich and angie on sunday,it was a nice day out,but a bit crowded at the weekend,i think you ll be better off in the week,we went to currumbin wildlife sanctuary the other week,think it was the weekend you moved into your house and ive got to say we enjoyed that more say hi to john and netta for me,how are they getting on?

tracey

You should have popped in...Daft I know but we've not done Currumbin zoo yet, thought we'd do Oz zoo in the week as you say maybe a bit quieter. Hope we like it going all that way John & Netta are both ok they got there shipment end of last week so are up to there eyes in paper. We've not got ours until the 4th Nov!!

Sue x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: 7 weeks here and......

.....We are loving it!!

Just out of interest, did you find that offering 6 months rent up front was a way of getting round having to supply references? And did you negotiate any discount for paying the money upfront?

Thanks, Buzzy.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Just out of interest, did you find that offering 6 months rent up front was a way of getting round having to supply references? And did you negotiate any discount for paying the money upfront?

Thanks, Buzzy.

Hiya Buzzy

It did help loads as soon as I said we'd pay up front it was a done deal...didn't ask to much about references. We did give them over though when we done all the form filling. Just bring what you can just in case but they was only really interested in Bank accounts, Oz reference "Scissors and the lady from our 5 weeks let was ours" and ID. I didn't try to knock money off, depends on where you are looking..there was so many people at previous viewings that as soon as we saw this place which is half decent we didn't want to lose it over a few $$

All the best & hope this helps

Sue x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

i think you got your keys thenext day if i remember rightly,otherwise we would have popped round,i think you lotbe better off in the week,you lol get to see the animals being fed,we loved the kangaroos at currumbin cos we could feed them,we spent ages doing jus that,but the baby koalas at australia zoo are really cute,im sure you ll enjoy it.
Dont forget to say hi to john and netta and you all have a great time

tracey

tracey Oz zoo in the week as you say maybe a bit quieter. Hope we like it going all that way John & Netta are both ok they got there shipment end of last week so are up to there eyes in paper. We've not got ours until the 4th Nov!!

Sue x[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Buzzy

It did help loads as soon as I said we'd pay up front it was a done deal...didn't ask to much about references. We did give them over though when we done all the form filling. Just bring what you can just in case but they was only really interested in Bank accounts, Oz reference "Scissors and the lady from our 5 weeks let was ours" and ID. I didn't try to knock money off, depends on where you are looking..there was so many people at previous viewings that as soon as we saw this place which is half decent we didn't want to lose it over a few $$

All the best & hope this helps

Sue x
Sue, I can't remember how old your children are, but when you find anything out about the schools can you post it please. All info gratefully received

Not in Bexhill any more then.

Also what sort of size are the house plots in that area. Looked on my UBD but you can't really tell from that

Really pleased things are going well.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:03 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

.....We are loving it!!
glad the early weeks are going so well, may they continue

btw you can now have the pleasure of changing your location
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:49 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are settling in ok.
Look forward to the piccies
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.