65 cents !

Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:38 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default 65 cents !

Just for a mini-statement print out

robbin' barstuds :curse:
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 65 cents !

I know! And even though the exchange rate is over 7% the best savings account I can get is less than 6%! Rubbish.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
I know! And even though the exchange rate is over 7% the best savings account I can get is less than 6%! Rubbish.
you cant have looked hard - bankwest offer 8.something & teaser & 7.6% standard on internet savings, ANZ gave me 7% online savings
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Sorry will look harder next time.

Still less than 1% higher than the interest rate!

How generous the banks are.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...der=descending

...assuming you're in Aus??
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:44 am
Account Closed

8.5 is not bad.

Still only 0.5 % higher than my HSBC account in the uk. Bearing in mind that UK interest rate is 5%.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:52 am
Account Closed

DinkyDi is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get me started about bank charges!We get charged $20 every four weeks for "admin" to deduct mortgage payments.$2 every time we use a cash machine etc.
A bit off subject,but we had a house built so would draw down on the mortgage when the builder requested payments Had to go to the branch on six occasions to do this and on FOUR occasions the staff didn't have a clue what to do...and one was a manager.Their head office also lost the paperwork...at the back of a filing cabinet and our builders were three weeks late getting paid.Customer service-nonexistant.
Staff training - not very good apparantly.
They also sent us a letter asking us to fill out a feedback form on how the process had gone - and failed to put the feedback form in the letter.
They are truly abysmal. (Adelaide Bank)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

Which bank charged u for a mini statement?

Trying to decide what the best current account is for least charges etc at the min. Few years ago I had an ANZ which didn't charge too much and he had a BankSA out of loyalty!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

8.5 is not bad.

Still only 0.5 % higher than my HSBC account in the uk. Bearing in mind that UK interest rate is 5%.

Would like to know which account is paying 8% the best i can get is 7.1% offshore

Do you have a link to it
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

Welcome to Australia.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:20 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by billymacker
Would like to know which account is paying 8% the best i can get is 7.1% offshore

Do you have a link to it
Bankwest Telenet Saver intro rate is over 8%, I'm out of the intro rate time now but still get 7.9%

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Jul 31st 2008 at 12:22 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Bankwest Telenet Saver intro rate is over 8%, I'm out of the intro rate time now but still get 7.9%

I want to know which UK bank is paying 8% as said in the thread by notts-bloke not australian bank
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:01 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rach25
Which bank charged u for a mini statement?

Trying to decide what the best current account is for least charges etc at the min. Few years ago I had an ANZ which didn't charge too much and he had a BankSA out of loyalty!
Iwas charged from a westpac machine from a westpac account

brilliant stuff

(that was sarcasm by the way)