Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

60 year old father going to Oz?

60 year old father going to Oz?

Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default 60 year old father going to Oz?

My father is 60 this and we are going to Migrate on a Perm. Visa in April 2008.
How much will it cost him to come over to Oz to join us. My mum died a few years ago and when I go it will just be him and my sister in the UK. We have heard we need to wait two years and then he can apply.
Anyone got any experience of this?
Alan
x
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 60 year old father going to Oz?

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
My father is 60 this and we are going to Migrate on a Perm. Visa in April 2008.
How much will it cost him to come over to Oz to join us. My mum died a few years ago and when I go it will just be him and my sister in the UK. We have heard we need to wait two years and then he can apply.
Anyone got any experience of this?
Alan
x
Do a search of parent visas on this forum and you'll find lots of others in similar situations.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:23 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do a search of parent visas on this forum and you'll find lots of others in similar situations.
Hi

............ and check out the Family Migration section of www.immi.gov.au for the basic eligibility requirements together with the Centrelink site for costings.

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:43 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

............ and check out the Family Migration section of www.immi.gov.au for the basic eligibility requirements together with the Centrelink site for costings.

Regards

Jim
Hi

Further to my post above - the visa fees are shown within the Immigration site but the Assurance of Support charges are in the Centrelink site. All may have increased at 1 July though. Hope that is more helpful Fees and charges relevant at time of application will stay at those figures throughout the processing period.

Jim