Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

6 wks in plus info on shippers

6 wks in plus info on shippers

Old Dec 20th 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default 6 wks in plus info on shippers

Well we moved to Phillip Is, Vic 6 wks ago now and are loving it. Everyone has made us feel so welcome and anyone thinking about it, go for it you will never know if you don't.
Just some info on the trip over for those in our previous situation. We stopped over in singapore at the rasa sentosa (fantastic) such a lovely place and the people are so friendly, they can't do enough for you. We are a family of 2 adults and children (nearly 2 & nearly 4). It really helped break up the journey and we didn't really suffer any jet lag as we caught up with sleep at the right times, we did night flights on both legs. Singapore was such a lovely break after all the stress and build up of planning and goodbyes (not easy). Flew Singapore airlines, great with kids.
Our stuff arrived last week with White & Co uk end and MIM here, very good both ends, everything arrived in one piece and they were the cheapest quote we recieved, very impressed, i was stressing about this decision for ages as i'm sure many people do. Also the stuff customs checked was shoes, tools, xmas decs, hoover, outdoor stuff and bikes, all were washed and scrubbed with jeyes fluid which seemed a major mission at the time! and we had no probs.
OH has a job (carpenter) 3 wks in, we did not have work organised before we came and it took a bit of phoning around but they seem to need trades and he says the way of working is soo much more laid back here and much more enjoyable. There is lots to do for young kids, playgroups, storytime at the library etc something i wondered about before we came.
Hope this info is helpful for some of you, this website helped loads with info before we came so i wanted to contribute our experience so far, good luck everyone.
Sam and family