Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

56 days..but I'm not really counting!

56 days..but I'm not really counting!

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future
Default 56 days..but I'm not really counting!

Its all really getting to me now. Every day feels like a year. Feels like we're never gonna get there. 7weeks exactly till we go, and It can't come round quick enough. Been living with the inlaws now, for about 3 months, and its just starting to get to me. Not them, they're really cool. Its just not having my own home, and not being able to do what I bloody well please. Fed up with standing in the cold at night having a fag, and silly things like that. I like to put kids in bed, and chill out in the living room with a glass of wine and a ciggy, and listen to some music. Just one of the things I really miss at the moment, along with a few other things. Home Comforts I think you call it! Anyone else going through this at the moment?? How are you all coping?
Sorry if its sounds like I'm moaning, just finding it a bit frustrating now.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:16 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 56 days..but I'm not really counting!

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Its all really getting to me now. Every day feels like a year. Feels like we're never gonna get there. 7weeks exactly till we go, and It can't come round quick enough. Been living with the inlaws now, for about 3 months, and its just starting to get to me. Not them, they're really cool. Its just not having my own home, and not being able to do what I bloody well please. Fed up with standing in the cold at night having a fag, and silly things like that. I like to put kids in bed, and chill out in the living room with a glass of wine and a ciggy, and listen to some music. Just one of the things I really miss at the moment, along with a few other things. Home Comforts I think you call it! Anyone else going through this at the moment?? How are you all coping?

I am not going through this although can contemplate what you mean, I feel the same if I go away just for a weekend, it's like a comprimise on your way of life and the habits you have like your music, ciggie and chillin out just feeling good in the comfort of your own home. Still just think you will be back to normal in some shape or form soon enough and you WILL appreciate it even more after going without for so long.So if there is any habit in your life that you feel could do with a change then now or when you finally move is the time to do it.

I hope everything goes well for you , just sit back and enjoy and think about letting the good times roll as I am sure they will one day soon
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:38 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi FB - just to check, have you received all relevant info for your apartment yet, like directions, etc??? Let me know if you need anything? Claire xxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brisben
I am not going through this although can contemplate what you mean, I feel the same if I go away just for a weekend, it's like a comprimise on your way of life and the habits you have like your music, ciggie and chillin out just feeling good in the comfort of your own home. Still just think you will be back to normal in some shape or form soon enough and you WILL appreciate it even more after going without for so long.So if there is any habit in your life that you feel could do with a change then now or when you finally move is the time to do it.

I hope everything goes well for you , just sit back and enjoy and think about letting the good times roll as I am sure they will one day soon
Thankyou, from the frustrated buddah!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi FB - just to check, have you received all relevant info for your apartment yet, like directions, etc??? Let me know if you need anything? Claire xxxx
No, we haven't received that yet claire. Just a comformation email. xx
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Like you I found time to be going slowly until about 3 weeks before we were due to leave and then all of a sudden there seemed to be so much to do and not enough time to do it in.