Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 Weeks For X Rays to Arrive!!!

5 Weeks For X Rays to Arrive!!!

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all
Default 5 Weeks For X Rays to Arrive!!!

Hello All
I would just like to share with you all that we had our x Rays sent on the 26th of Jan by the Panel Doctor in Newcastle and they only arrived today (02/03/06) at the LCU in Sydney. Good old Royal Mail had lost them at some point and then turned up 3 weeks later at the wrong address in Australia. I have been in contact with the DIMIA over the last 2 weeks who have been very helpful in looking out for them to arrive at the LCU but there is nothing they can do until the X Rays have been cleared.
My advice is if sending any important documents send them by Courier, otherwise you just cannot guarantee anything will get there.
Good news is that the health Requirements have been finalised and we are looking to arrive in Melbourne on the 10th of May.
Good Luck All!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 5 Weeks For X Rays to Arrive!!!

I can sympathise with you. LCU told me today that Royal Mail takes at least 3 weeks to deliver

The doctor I went to refused to send documents by courier, even though I offered to pay
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

My friend who is also moving out to Australia went for his X Rays last week. He basically told them all he wants from them is the X Rays and the report and that he didn't want them to send them as he would do it himself by courier. They told him couldn't but he just insisted that this was at the employers request, so he just went back a few days later and picked them up.
There is nothing they can do as you have the right to send them yourself by courier. I wish I had done this originally instead of stressing out wandering where they had disappeared to!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 29palms
My friend who is also moving out to Australia went for his X Rays last week. He basically told them all he wants from them is the X Rays and the report and that he didn't want them to send them as he would do it himself by courier. They told him couldn't but he just insisted that this was at the employers request, so he just went back a few days later and picked them up.
There is nothing they can do as you have the right to send them yourself by courier. I wish I had done this originally instead of stressing out wandering where they had disappeared to!
Yes, I'm with you. The last thing any of us need is additional unnessary stress!