Reload this Page >

5-a-side footie in Redlands

5-a-side footie in Redlands

Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Barnsleyfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 5-a-side footie in Redlands

Hi,

I'm looking to join a 5 a side team in my local area (Cleveland/Vicky Point way).

I've decided i'm turning into a lazy bugger and need to get out more. Used to play a fair bit in my younger days and would love to start again.

Oh yeah, I'm late 30's now so an over 35's team is probably the way to go - not sure that chasing around after young 'uns is a good idea. Just something to work up a thirst for the pub.

If anyone on here knows of anything please let me know.

Cheers
Dave
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:18 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5-a-side footie in Redlands

my husband and friends play at the Indoor Sports centre at Vicky Point (by YMCA) Wednesdays they are all late 30s - early 40s.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Barnsleyfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know if his team are looking for additional players?

We live in Thornlands too, by the way.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:31 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I'm sure they can have more! At the moment they are meeting for a friendly on Wednesdays (tomorrow at 7.30pm) and have one team in the league on Mondays but are looking to put another team in on the Monday night. I'll pm a number to you or you could just turn up and look for a team with some wearing yellow No Fear T-shirts.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:08 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are a fair few football teams depending on indoor/outdoors and how good you are.

YMCA - indoor on basketball court

http://www.ymcafitness.net/Redlands/indoor-soccer/

Mostly 18-25 yr old, Monday night.
Mix league Wednesday Night

Bayside Indoor Soccer Club play at Sleeman. Expat member BrisBen plays there.

Redlands united

http://www.redlandsunited.com.au/ fairly serious, but play 6 a-side in the off season
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

ksloan is an unknown quantity at this point

my husband plays over 35's football at redlands. However it is 11 a-side not 5 a-side. They play friday nights. In the off season (Sept-Dec) there is a 5 a-side league again on friday nights.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Hassleholm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave

Any luck in finding a team?
Just wanted to put my 2 pence worth in, Redlands like someone on here said are a 11 a side, and serious, well you could say that, the guy who manages the team thinks he is Sir Ferguson recruiting for Man U and not for a over 35's.
So if you are after the social side of things then I would go with the other suggestions you have had.
Good luck
Cheers

Originally Posted by Barnsleyfan
Hi,

I'm looking to join a 5 a side team in my local area (Cleveland/Vicky Point way).

I've decided i'm turning into a lazy bugger and need to get out more. Used to play a fair bit in my younger days and would love to start again.

Oh yeah, I'm late 30's now so an over 35's team is probably the way to go - not sure that chasing around after young 'uns is a good idea. Just something to work up a thirst for the pub.

If anyone on here knows of anything please let me know.

Cheers
Dave