Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 a side footie in north Perth subs (oldies)

5 a side footie in north Perth subs (oldies)

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 a side footie in north Perth subs (oldies)

Hi all, just arrived in the northern subs a few weeks ago. would really like to
get back into the 5 a side, but I've got nobody to play with
Anyway, any teams (mature, I'm 36 and not that fit) who are short of an
out field player (must confess,I really am s***) let me know.

Steve
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future
Default Re: 5 a side footie in north Perth subs (oldies)

Sorry Steve can't help, but we'll be in the same position in a few months so I'll be interested to see what happens.

I'm 32 and probably unfitter, so keep me a space.

PS - NUFC fan?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

sullivan_artex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordiebloke

Steve

Alrite mate, you could try Joondalup ECU Sports Center round the back of the ECU. its a indoor tournament, its 5 a side with 3 subs. If you dont mind playing indoor theres a few differences in the rules but its easy enough to pick up on.

http://www.ecu.edu.au/fas/sport/indoor_soccer.php

go to that address or try this number 08 63045000 should be the right number still, asked to speak to Antony and its on Thursday nights, if you dont want to ring you could always go down there.

My old team still plays there they are called the White Nights If you see them down there tell them James says hi. cheers lad have fun with it.

James sullivan
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Can't help either I'm still in the toon, Heaton, myself. I'm hoping to get across next year so hopefully you will have set up a league by then!
What do you think about the Keegan situation?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

sullivan_artex is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve
Alright mate if your interested there is a indoor league in joondalup at the ECU sports center round the back of the college. great games down there Thursday nights between 6pm and 9.30 my brothers team is playing this Thursday down there at 9pm if you wanna go along and have a look see if it does for you.

0402 441 338 thats the mobile number for Antony he runs the league

James
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Can't help either I'm still in the toon, Heaton, myself. I'm hoping to get across next year so hopefully you will have set up a league by then!

According to NUFC.com looks like Keegan has won and Wise is on his way

http://www.nufc.com/

Looks like there'll be three of us over there, only two more for a Geordie team.

Might be worth keeping in touch, especially when someone gets Foxtel ;-)
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sullivan_artex
Alrite mate, you could try Joondalup ECU Sports Center round the back of the ECU. its a indoor tournament, its 5 a side with 3 subs. If you dont mind playing indoor theres a few differences in the rules but its easy enough to pick up on.

http://www.ecu.edu.au/fas/sport/indoor_soccer.php

go to that address or try this number 08 63045000 should be the right number still, asked to speak to Antony and its on Thursday nights, if you dont want to ring you could always go down there.

My old team still plays there they are called the White Nights If you see them down there tell them James says hi. cheers lad have fun with it.

James sullivan
cheers for that mate I've just started doing a bit of fitness training
at the Arena in Joondalup, but I'll have a look down at the ecu.
I take it your not playing anymore?

Steve
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Was totally unaware of what was going on til we got the internet set up on Tuesday
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Was totally unaware of what was going on til we got the internet set up on Tuesday
There are loads of teams that play 5 a side at Bouncers, Winton Road, Joondalup. Try there. Just pop along for a drink in the bar and get chatting to some of the teams................good luck!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all

Hi if we can get a team together i will be up for it aswell but i am worse than shit
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

This Joondalup area is beginning to sound quite attractive for football. What's the access for sport activities like in general in the area and surrounding areas, esp for young kids (6 and under)? I'll be over next X-mas so someone keep me a place!! ps I will probably want to play in black and white.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:58 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chris34uk
Hi if we can get a team together i will be up for it aswell but i am worse than shit
and i'm worse than him hoping to be land in perth (nr joondalup) by nov this year...definitely up for joining a team...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

This Joondalup area is beginning to sound quite attractive for football. What's the access for sport activities like in general in the area and surrounding areas, esp for young kids (6 and under)? I'll be over next X-mas so someone keep me a place!! ps I will probably want to play in black and white.
Only been here a month (5 mins down the road from Joondalup) but from what I've seen up to now, the sports facilities are excellent.
I still haven't started work yet, so I seem to spend most of my time up at the
Arena in Joondalup. It has an olympic size swimming pool a leisure pool bit with tube slide etc. plus gym, indoor and outdoor facilities, cafe etc. really much better than anything I experienced in the north east of England.
There also seems to be kids clubs for every type of sport and martial art within a short drive.
Don't know how the area compares to other parts of Perth, but definitely seems to be enough going on to keep us happy.
Steve