Reload this Page >

47SK (subclass 136) Nursing question

47SK (subclass 136) Nursing question

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 47SK (subclass 136) Nursing question

Hi!
British Expats to the rescue I hope, I'm a bit stuck here!
Hope someone can answer this question for me please,
I am just about to send away for my skills assessment to the ANC, I'm a midwife and applying for the modified assessment as I am already registered in NSW.
I am required to have verification of my UK and NSW registration sent to the ANC and also to the DIMIA. I have written letters asking for verification of nurse registration to be sent out at the same time to both the ANC and DIMIA.
Is this ok to do? As the skills assessment has to be sent along with my visa application, DIMIA will not have recieved my visa application at this time but will have verification of my professional registration. Do the DIMIA hold these documents on file until a visa application has been lodged?

thanks a million to anyone who replies.
Carol.xx
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 6:26 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: 47SK (subclass 136) Nursing question

Originally posted by miss carol
Hi!
British Expats to the rescue I hope, I'm a bit stuck here!
Hope someone can answer this question for me please,
I am just about to send away for my skills assessment to the ANC, I'm a midwife and applying for the modified assessment as I am already registered in NSW.
I am required to have verification of my UK and NSW registration sent to the ANC and also to the DIMIA. I have written letters asking for verification of nurse registration to be sent out at the same time to both the ANC and DIMIA.
Is this ok to do? As the skills assessment has to be sent along with my visa application, DIMIA will not have recieved my visa application at this time but will have verification of my professional registration. Do the DIMIA hold these documents on file until a visa application has been lodged?

thanks a million to anyone who replies.
Carol.xx
There are loads of links on here regarding nurses so a search may answer further questions. However as for this one i'm an RN and RM and all i sent to DIMIA was a certified copy of my NMC certificate of registration, a cert copy of my NT/QLD registration and anyway when the ANCI letter comes back you have to send this to DIMIA along with all of the documentation you sent the ANCI This then makes no need for DIMIA to have a copy of a verification. Also they will not be able to store the information anywhere because they will have no recors of you until you send in the application form.
When you call the NMC you can have a verification sent directly to the ANCI within 48hrs and can pay by credit card which is much easier. Wait until you get the ANCI letter back but make the necessary photocopies of evertything you sent them as it saves loads of time. Hope this is
of some help. Lucy
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

This seems to come up regularly on here! When the NMC send verification to ANCI, they'll send you a letter confirming they've done it. I sent this letter to DIMIA with my main application in lieu of a copy of the verification itself and that was fine.
Good luck,
Michaela