47sk spouse

Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:56 pm
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Default Re: 47sk spouse

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Ha-ha. Not quite.

CHEERS!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

leewilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zeny

Then, why bother asking in the forum in the first place...

I doubt anyone who frequents BE Forums would even imply that Alan Collett is lazy. Considering that he is offering help on the forum without any obligation.

Anyway, the "Checklist" has been known to contain many mistakes in the past. I wouldn't rely much on it except as a guide to complete the application.

Like I mentioned, it's really up to each individual whether to send additional prove or not. Notwithstanding those who were advised by their agents not to do so...

Good Luck!

CHEERS
Alan who? i never called anyone individual lazy i just think if your prending a lot of money on something then it should be done according to the book. At the end of the day it is a checklist put in place surely to be correctly ticked of and posted with your application i did not mean to offend i am sorry. I posted the question but since then i have researched the net and found some answers!

take care Lee

ps if alan reads this i hope he understands i was not talking about him but just making a point.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by foxall22
Yep, had to do all that.

Folder was over an inch thick by the time we sent it off.

We did it all to the letter, front loaded my meds and got visa within 48hrs of posting!

Good luck,

Gemma

hi Gemma

what visa did you apply for that came through so quick i want one of them....
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
hi Gemma

what visa did you apply for that came through so quick i want one of them....
For that speed it'll almost certainly be a spouse/de facto or Prospective Spouse
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Yes, a spouse visa.

Gemma
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think yourself lucky you're not on a fiance visa.......you'd have to do it three times in total over the next two years
Huh? Matt's on a de-facto visa, I was under the imporession we'd have to do it just one more time after 2 years of Temp Res??? Am I wrong?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Huh? Matt's on a de-facto visa, I was under the imporession we'd have to do it just one more time after 2 years of Temp Res??? Am I wrong?
Fiance visa and de-facto spouse visa are not the same thing.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 1:07 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Alan IS reading this ...

I base my comment on experience of lodging many skilled visa applications - I am struggling to think of any skilled applications where we/our clients have been asked to provide any further evidence of the genuineness of their relationship.

If a couple are not married and are in a de facto relationship evidence has to be provided of course, but not in the level of detail suggested above. If a couple are married the marriage certificate is generally sufficient for case officers at the Skilled Processing Centre.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by leewilson
Alan who? i never called anyone individual lazy i just think if your prending a lot of money on something then it should be done according to the book. At the end of the day it is a checklist put in place surely to be correctly ticked of and posted with your application i did not mean to offend i am sorry. I posted the question but since then i have researched the net and found some answers!

take care Lee

ps if alan reads this i hope he understands i was not talking about him but just making a point.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

leewilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Alan IS reading this ...

I base my comment on experience of lodging many skilled visa applications - I am struggling to think of any skilled applications where we/our clients have been asked to provide any further evidence of the genuineness of their relationship.

If a couple are not married and are in a de facto relationship evidence has to be provided of course, but not in the level of detail suggested above. If a couple are married the marriage certificate is generally sufficient for case officers at the Skilled Processing Centre.

Best regards.
Alan so why have they changed the checklist? Dont they think we have enough paperwork!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:13 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

That's bureaucracy for you! One of our roles as advisors is to help steer people through the gathering of paperwork.

Best regards.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leewilson
Did you all go through this little lot?
I thought the marriage certificate would be enough but it seems we have to write a novel i will call mine "to hell and back"!!

Evidence of the history of your relationship
Both you and your spouse should provide a statement including all of the following:

how, when and where you first met
how your relationship developed
when you decided to marry or commence your de facto (common law) relationship
your domestic arrangements, that is, how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began
any periods of separation, when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation
your future plans.
Note: Your statement does not need to be made on a statutory declaration form. Your statement or statutory declaration must, however, be signed by the author.

Evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship
There are four broad categories of evidence that you need to provide.

financial aspects:
sharing of finances, household bills and expenses, such as joint bank accounts, joint ownership of real estate or other assets
the household:
your living arrangements such as joint ownership of your house or joint names on a lease, correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address, joint responsibility for children
social context:
evidence that you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially, such as joint invitations, evidence of common friends, assessments by your friends and family of your relationship, joint travel or joint participation in sporting, social or cultural activities
your commitment:
knowledge of each other, intention that your relationship will be long term, through things such as the terms of your wills, and correspondence and phone accounts to show that contact was maintained during any periods of separation.

Thank you all again for any replies.
Lee
We are going through same thing, took ages getting it all together. They received our application 15th Aug, they took monies 17th, 23rd asked for my UK visa status details (I actually have both Brit & Aust p/ports), so we sent certified copies of that stuff yesterday and should have outcome anyday now. Heres hoping! So a lot of work but worth it in the end. fingers crossed.
good luck to you both.