Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

47sk help please

47sk help please

Old May 5th 2006, 10:41 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default 47sk help please

Hi All,
Just starting out on the visa app road and I have a feeling this will be the first of many questions!
Have been to the local Police station this morning to get Police check forms and been told they take an average of 4 weeks to come back. Do these forms go off with the main application(47sk) or are they sent at a later date??
Also what is/are pcc,I keep seeing this mentioned and I don't know what it is?
Is it Police check related.
Thanks for the help
Old May 5th 2006, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 47sk help please

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi All,
Just starting out on the visa app road and I have a feeling this will be the first of many questions!
Have been to the local Police station this morning to get Police check forms and been told they take an average of 4 weeks to come back. Do these forms go off with the main application(47sk) or are they sent at a later date??
Also what is/are pcc,I keep seeing this mentioned and I don't know what it is?
Is it Police check related.
Thanks for the help
Hi

PCC - Police Clearance Certificate

You can send your police check with you application or you can hold onto it and send it when requested. It's usually a good idea to wait until month 2 or 3 after you send your application in before you actually get them as they are only valid for 12 months and you will have to validate your visa by this date.
Old May 5th 2006, 10:51 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi

PCC - Police Clearance Certificate

You can send your police check with you application or you can hold onto it and send it when requested. It's usually a good idea to wait until month 2 or 3 after you send your application in before you actually get them as they are only valid for 12 months and you will have to validate your visa by this date.
Thanks Wendy,
So I need to fill out 47sk and supporting forms,send it off,wait for 2 months and then send off for my Police check,get that back all clear and then wait for a request to send it to Aus.
Thanks for your help.
Old May 5th 2006, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy,
So I need to fill out 47sk and supporting forms,send it off,wait for 2 months and then send off for my Police check,get that back all clear and then wait for a request to send it to Aus.
Thanks for your help.
No problem.

If you are sending your Police checks in before request, you may as well do your meds at the same time. That is providing you don't have or expect any medical problems.

Police checks have to be returned to you within 40 days by law, so that is the longest you will wait for them.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:08 am
Running on the spot.

Wendy,
We don't expect any medical problems at all (hopefully) could do with loseing a little weight but apart from that nothing I know of.
I think We'll post main app and then wiat for a bit before posting pcc's off.When you get your visa back how long before you have to enter Aus to validate,is it 1 year??
Old May 5th 2006, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy,
We don't expect any medical problems at all (hopefully) could do with loseing a little weight but apart from that nothing I know of.
I think We'll post main app and then wiat for a bit before posting pcc's off.When you get your visa back how long before you have to enter Aus to validate,is it 1 year??

It's one year from the date of meds or police checks, which ever has the earliest date. That's why people spend huge amounts of time deciding whether to get them done before request or not.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:14 am
Running on the spot.

Ohhhh I see!
thats it then..47sk filled out first then pcc for us!!
Thanks again for your help.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh I see!
thats it then..47sk filled out first then pcc for us!!
Thanks again for your help.
Some people only get six months to validate after their meds. if anything is picked up and they get a '' cat. B'' certificate so it is usually best to post off all the forms first then wait until nearer the time when they should be getting to your application. The delay depends on which visa youre going for.